Author's Note

Do you ever make something that just sort of spirals out of control?

It's like when you have a pile of wet sand at a beach and think to yourself: "sure, a sandcastle sounds nice". 

So, you start with a simple hill that turns into turrets and a dug-out moat with towers so tall that the spires seem to pierce the clouds and shells for windows. Then there's construction plans for the bridge given to you by the hermit crab that's taken up residence as the sand castle's king. And suddenly, the surrounding sea life is getting into the action because who gave the hermit crab any more right to rule than the slug down the road? 

And then a mermaid comes to shore and gives you a magical necklace that looks kind of like the diamond from the Titanic and says "here, you're now god of the seas."

Yeah, never happened to me either. But what did happen was I wrote a book called "A Priestess for the Blind God" after a rough year that involved losses in my family and a battle with mental health and one bee-you-ti-ful concussion. And people started reading it. Some drew fan fiction. A lot wrote really beautiful messages and heartfelt notes saying that my writing made a difference. I have days where I'll think, "maybe it's better if I just tear the sandcastle down", but then one of you beautiful little mer-people will tell me that I'm writing for a reason, so I keep going.

Anyways, this is all to say that I'm writing a story about an asthmatic princess who has her eyes set on queen-hood called Cassia. I hope you like her and her tale of frost giants and old gods.

And whatever you do, keep on writing and reading and living in wonder. You never know what you'll learn about yourself next.

- Fae

***

Ko-Fi: ko-fi.com/thatwriterfae

Website: www.sophiawhittemore.com/blog

For social media handles, that info's in my bio if you want to see more of my weird writings and quirky sense of humor. 

<3