Gerard's mouth was agape and he stared at his brother for a few seconds before saying the first thing that came to mind.

"Absolutely fucking not."

"Absolutely fucking yes." Mikey cheered, grabbing Gerard's forearm and already dragging him towards the door, minding his ankle of course.

"No- Mikey, I can't just leave!"

"Well, sucks." Mikey mumbled, already having pulled him to Gerard's parked car.

Gerard sighed and cursed his brother out quietly, he was absolutely fucked.

- -

"We are not having this discussion again, assface." Gerard said with a loud groan.

"Yes we are!" Mikey said defiantly, "You are so fashionably disabled it's insane."

"I am not wearing that- it's so tight. D'you want me to die or something?" Gerard asked dramatically, flopping down on his unmade bed.

"Honestly, a little." Mikey said with a laugh, dodging a pillow Gerard thew at him.

They were getting ready once again, a scene so annoying and somehow repetitive it was comical, and once again Mikey was trying to force Gerard into tight clothes that would make him look like a stripper. Today, his torture method was forcing him into a Rolling Stones shirt that he had bought when he was seventeen, so of course it was too small, and the same skinny jeans he had worn last time.

It was a black shirt with white half sleeves and it had the members of the band across the front in a colourful way. It wasn't a bad shirt, it just wasn't exactly what Gerard wanted to be wearing that evening, or what he wanted to apparently get drunk in.

Mikey was -of fucking course- in causal clothing, because being a hypocrite is fucking trendy, though he had exchanged his glasses for contacts which Gerard found odd.

"Also, I heard the bar we're going to is pretty packed so I'd wear some strong cologne." Mikey said, making Gerard quirk an eyebrow.

"And why the fuck is that?"

"Because," Mikey rolled his eyes, facing his brother fully with an annoyed expression, "If there's lots of people, you want to stand out, don't you?"

"Yeah but there's going to be drunk people everywhere so it wouldn't matter because the smell of alcohol would kill off the smell of your cologne." Gerard stated in a bored tone, facing his stained ceiling.

"Wow, someone's gonna get laid in college." Mikey grumbled, dousing himself with cologne regardless of what Gerard had said.

"You and I both know that's not how it worked out." Gerard snickered, risking embarrassing himself to make Mikey feel stupid.

"Hey, you finally admitted you're a virgin." Mikey said in a gleeful tone, smiling triumphantly.

"Just get your shit together, assface." Gerard said as he got up and went to the kitchen to grab his apartment keys.

- -

Gerard winced at the strong smell of vodka that filled his senses and the fact that there crowds of people standing around chatting.