When she's tired of his cruelty.

"Apna ghar chor diya, sadkey tumhare. Apni chahaton ko maar diya, sadkey tumhare, jis tarah treat kiya, qubool kiya, sadkey tumhare. Tum se kabhi nahi kaha ke mujhe pyaar karo, kabhi aisa kuch nahi maanga Jo tum na de sako, kabhi tumse koi sawaal nahi kiya, humaisha tumse pyaar se, izzat se baat ki. Aur aaj tum keh rahe ho ke tumhain ijazat bhi nahi chahiye, us se shadi karne ki?"

"Itne pathar dil kyun ho aap Zaydaan? Kyun aap ka dil sab ki parwah karta hai, magar meri nahi. Kyun aap mujhe har qadam par is tarah treat karte ho?"

"Aaj main aap se kehti hoon, aap mujhe talaq de do, mujhe chor do, aur phir Jo karna hai karo."

_______________________________________

When she's in pain and she's sorry.

Pain is reality. Pain is there. Pain is what changes people and pain is what makes them hate their existence. Pain is what transforms them. Whatever the pain might be, it really screws you up.

And the only way to get rid of it is to sort things out initially, no matter how hard it seems. Because once you ignore the initial part, you're doomed to feel more than you wanted to.

Zaydaan didn't know what to say, other than apologise.

"I'm sorry."

It shocked her, a genuine sorry out of him. The one with soft eyes and concerned face, she wasn't used to it.

She was used to saying sorry even when it wasn't her fault.

"Don't, don't say you're sorry."

Aaina sat down on the sofa, putting her hands on her face and taking a few deep breaths, Zaydaan patiently waited for her to say something, anything.

"Infact, I'm the one who should say it. I'm sorry." She said quietly.

He looked at her.

"I'm so sorry, Zaydaan. I'm sorry that I love you, I'm sorry that I thought I could make you love me. I'm sorry that I thought I could make a home in your heart."

Her voice shook and the tears she had managed to keep at bay, the ones she was so tired of, they came rushing back.

"I'm sorry that I'm pathetic and weak, I'm sorry that I'm not like her, I'm sorry that you married me, and I'm sorry that I've stayed after all the things you've said to me."

Zaydaan didn't say anything as his wife let out her frustration.

"I'm sorry I stayed when you said 'my dear wife, I'll still fuck you' like I was a street whore. I'm sorry that I stayed after you left me naked because you thought it was an appropriate punishment. I'm sorry that I didn't say anything every time you insulted me."