Chapter 3

Evan and Emery were supposed to spend this weekend with their dad but he had to leave town for an emergency business trip; that's why papa allowed them to have a friend over on Friday night; but my siblings are spending next weekend with their dad and his family to make up for the missed weekend.

Monday arrives much to my dismay as I didn't want my weekend with Ethaniel to end; but here we are at the high school halfway through the day; it's lunch time so, I'm in the cafeteria sitting at a table with my friends while we eat our food. Asher approaches us and I figure he was there to speak with his siblings, so I turn my attention to Alex.

"Hey, the group project we're being assigned tomorrow, do you think Ashton will be my parnter?" (it's a family project).

Before Alex can open his mouth to respond, Asher is speaking to me; "Can we talk? Please?"

Cocking an eyebrow at him; "Why; you shouldn't want to be seen or around the slut of the school? Being a senior here, your reputation might be affected if you're seen with me."

Asher's face contorts from confusion into angerl well maybe now he'll understand that I'm not someone he shoud be around.

"You let them," he growls; gesturing toward my friends.

"Eth and me have been friends since we were 10 years old," Alex snaps; he's getting irritated at Asher. Alex is my firey and very protective friend; he's always been my protector since we were little. I'm not sure why he feels this way about me but I've always appreciated it.

"You come with me," Asher demands of me. When I don't move to follow him he growls lowly; "NOW!"

Crossing my arms over my chest in defiance; despite my pounding heart from fear and lust. He looses his patience with me and moves to grab me by the arm; "Touch me and you'll regret it; my papa's a lawyer."

Asher's hand falters causing his siblings and Alex to laugh softly; before he drops his hand back to his side. "Please?" he tries as a different approach.

"No, thank you but I appreciate your manners," I respond with a snarky smile.

Returning my attention back to my food and friends; ignoring his presence next to me and let me tell you that is nearly impossible to do. He smells like wood and pine and the heat radiating off his body; both are intoxicating.

He stands there for several seconds before sighing and walking away. Ugh, I so want to throw my reasons to the side and call him back; but I don't because this is what's best for him.

"Our brother really wants to know you," Amy pouts at me.

Raising an eyebrow at her with a small frown upon my lip; "Do you really want your brother dating a guy who has a child that isn't his?"

She shrugs looking at Ashton and Alex quickly before answering me; "Yes, since he'd be good for you and Thaniel and the two of you'd be good for him."

"Why in the hell would he want to be tied down so early in life if he doesn't have too?" I demand; I need to calm down before I say something I'll regret.

"He probably likes you," Ashton comments before Amy could.

"Yeah right," I scoff; rolling my eyes. "I've got to stop at the office before our next class," I tell them before we can explore my self-loathing any further; I don't need to stop at the office either.

Tossing my trash into the rubbage container and leave the tray with the others like it and leave the cafeteria toward my locker. Grabbing the books I need, I make my way to my class, where I sit at the desk with my head buried in my arms.