Friend or foe

The sound of footsteps were all around me as I sprinted down the narrow and trash littered alleyway,trying to escape 'Them',the bruises on my body sore and aching. Lucinda,Alfie and Cassidy were the well known delinquents in the area and, unfortunately,seemed to take pleasure in teasing me and many others.

My breath hitched as I approached the end of the alley,the wall slick with grime and rain,which was falling heavily all around. "Awwwww,the little brats been caught~" Lucinda's mocking voice started to approach,as the resonating trio of footsteps behind me started approaching,slowing with the fact they know I'm cornered. I whirl around,eyes pricking with tears as I press my back up against the wall,feeling the moisture seep into my already soaked shirt as I hope desperatly that the wall will open up and swallow me whole. Cassidy grinned at me,the wolf in sheep's clothing,my own sister. "It's so cuuute,right?~" she looked at Alfie,who gave me a cruel grin. "absolutely. Now we can teach her a lesson~" he cracked his knuckles threateningly as he came over to me slowly,chuckling throatily. "Can't we,bitch?~" I turned my head away,squeezing my eyes tightly shut,feeling his cold breath on my neck as he moved closer,going to whisper something before being cut off by an unfamiliar voice - that made me somewhat uneasy. "Hmmmm,I don't think you can~ especially to such a poor defenceless girl~ why,she's not even your size~" the voice was a males no doubt,which only served to make me feel shittier still,the tears spilling onto my cheeks. Look at me,having to get other people to stick up for me - strangers at that. Opening one eye,I look towards the noise,Lucinda huffing at the shadowed figure. The figure seemed tall,and to be carrying something large,curved and sharp. There was a slight turquoise glow under the hoods shadow,still to dull to make out any facial features. "hmph. And what are you gonna do? Call the cops? Pfft,get lost loser" Cassidy says nothing,no doubt doing her well known trick - playing victim. She looks back at me,then at the male again. "b-but she stole my p-purse.." the male smirked,starting to approach,still heavily shadowed. "Oh do cut the bullshit darling~" insanity tinted his voice,evidently making us all uncomfortable as Lucinda starts for it,sprinting her way towards the end of the alley and out of sight,followed by my oh so dear sister and her beloved boyfriend. Leaving me alone with this unstable male,unable to run out exhaustion and the consistent pain of bruises. I squeezed my eyes shut,shaking and afraid,visibly admitting defeat,feeling the last dregs of adrenaline leave me.

The footsteps approach,with a small chuckle,ending in a high note. "Just you and I,kid. Now come along,let's get you safely home,aye?" His voice was close. Too close. But soft. The vision of home fills my head - the constant yelling of my parents, Cassidy constantly teasing me. This was a chance to escape. My last chance. I could feel it. He was the only option I had left.

I open my eyes,and clutch at his jacket,starting to cry hysterically,feeling as he tenses up. "Hey! Hey! Calm yourself,jeezus!" Feeling this strangers arm cross round my back, showing me more affection than my family,just makes me cry harder. "P-please t-t-take me with you!!! I don't want to go back! I don't want to hear the constant yelling!! To be constantly bullied!!" I hug him tighter,sobbing into him,ignoring the handle of the large,supposed weapon on my back as he just let's me cry into his already soaked shirt.

After what seems like ages,I look up at him,sniffling. The first thing that catches my eye is his glowing turquoise eye. This man...this man is no human. But....he saved me. I have no reason to fear him. I can see his smile from under the shadow of his hood. He has an air of self confidence and insanity about him,and an undertone of...protectiveness and caring.  "Oh do forgive me darling~" something strikes me in the back of my head,my vision unfocusing as I let out a choked sound,meeting the eyes of this man,some how knowing I can trust him as I start slowly going limp,the world grower fuzzier and fuzzier...