Goodbye, for now|1.

After Zayn had left, Dan followed him with a promise to catch up with me at school the next day. I finished some homework and danced around my room to songs blaring from the speakers I had installed, which brings us to the present day.

"Destiny, turn that noise down!"

I sigh, she simply doesn't understand! "Okay mum!"

"Are you going to come down for some food? I have MacDonald's!" I grin, turning the speakers off and racing down the stairs. "Oh, great, it's nice to see you only want to join me for food!" Laughing, I sit down on the couch and munch away, watching some news.

"How was school?" mum asks, breaking the silence between us. I sigh, quickly replying as to not cause suspicion.

"Eventful," she huffs, "is that it? That's all you're going to tell me?"

I shrug, unsure how to answer. What am I supposed to say? 'Oh yeah mum, I had a chat with one of my bullies and he admitted he loved me. Turns out my best friend is his cousin, too.' Yeah, that would go down well.

"Three people had an intense conversation, I'll give you that." mum nods, a hum exiting her lips as she eats her food.

We eat the rest of our MacDonald's before cleaning up and plopping down on the couch. Mum chats about her day, explaining about a new employee who has a really good ass.

"Thank you, I really needed to know that detailed information mother," I joke. She laughs, stating I'd say the same if I ever laid eyes on him. Yeah, whatever.

After an hour of irrelevant gossip, our conversation ends. Dad comes in from work and shrugs off his bag. He groans exaggeratedly, earning the up most attention from mum as she fusses over him.

"Is it bed time yet?" he asks. I chuckle, "I think so, yes."

And so we went to bed at nine.

~*~

I haven't slept better in so long.

Today, is the day that Dan and I talk to the 'gang' - or whatever you may call them, idiots, imbociles, the list is endless - about his and Zayn's relationship. At least, that's the plan. Who knows how it'll turn out.

I meet Dan at school. We walk to form side by side, discussing today's meeting. He admits his anxiety, though I reassure him how we can beat them up easily if it comes to that. I also inform him how they've all had some sort of rough background of some kind - at least that's what I'm assuming.

We confront Zayn and he agrees to tell his friends the news in hopes that they won't overreact and instead support him in this 'sad time because his cousin is friends with her' and by her, they mean - well, I think you can guess that.

Zayn also told us that he, along with the boys, have something to share too, so it'll be a sort of 'exchange in news' type of conference. If you want to call it that. From his cautious glances, I bet it's relatively important, unless he's just being dramamtic for sympathy. Or attention. Whatever.

It'll be interesting to find out what they have to say...