Chapter 6- Once Upon A Time, I Begged You

The White Bottomless Lake wasn't situated inside Tiantang Peak. But, the only way to get there was by going through a portal that was in the Yongyuan sect.

Yu Qianli held onto Xia Suyin tightly as he started to walk. Along the way, there were a few disciples that the both of them encounter but Xia Suyin smartly hid her face against Yu Qianli's chest whenever that happens.

But....

They didn't even passed the first person that they met and Xia Suyin's identity was already known! It not only happens once but multiple times. And it was all caused by a certain someone.

A random disciple they met along the way asked, "Ah! Junior brother Yu, who is that girl in your hands?"

Yu Qianli smiled brightly while replying, "Senior sister Ting!"

"....." Xia Suyin was speechless.

The random disciple said in an amused voice, "Woah. So you two are already that close to each other. Well, I won't get in your guys way then~"

After saying that, the disciple was about to turn and leave but Xia Suyin quickly tried to stop the misunderstanding, "No! It's just that my ankle got twisted so I asked Junior brother Yu to help me. It's not what you think at all..."

The disciple looked at Xia Suyin with a beaming smile and a thumbs up, "Junior sister Ting, I understand!"

'No. With that expression on your face, you definitely did not understand anything!'

When the disciple left, Xia Suyin glared at Yu Qianli. But, when Yu Qianli look down at her, Xia Suyin went back to smiling at him sweetly.

After they arrived, Yu Qianli brought Xia Suyin to a big cave. After passing through the barrier of the mouth of the cave easily, Xia Suyin knew that Yu Qianli must've had an item on him to allow him to pass. Since this was the case...

Hehe. She'll have to steal it later! In the future, she might even be able to go anywhere as she pleases in the sect. And if she can't steal, she'll just convince him to give it to her through sweet talk.

After going inside and walking a few turns and twist, Yu Qianli finally stopped in front of the portal. Everything inside the portal was fuzzy looking when you look at it from afar and Xia Suyin was quite interested in it.

This was the first time she had seen one. In a supernatural world like this, even the littlest of things may even be able to amaze her.

"Is this it..?" Xia Suyin asked.

Yu Qianli nodded, "En."

Yu Qianli took a step forward and both of them entered the portal. A bright light engulf the two and blinded Xia Suyin's field of vision.

Xia Suyin shut her eyes tightly upon the blinding sight. Only after a while did that bright white light faded did Xia Suyin slowly opens back her eyes.

It was a big surprise to her. The White Bottomless Lake was endless. The lotus flowers were not a pink shade, instead, it was red. The closer it is to the center of the flower, the darker the color red was. Yet, it was still a dazzling sight.

They were currently standing on a long endless bridge with no railings. The lake was also very clear, without any impurities. The surrounding air fresh and tranquil. Only the breath of two people, one holding the other in his arms in a princess style could be heard.

With the memories and information given to her, she only knew of this Lake to contain lotus flowers that could heal any kinds of poisons. But, that wasn't the reason she was here for.

Her going to a mission a few days ago and being poisoned by a poisonous flower was all a lie. The main target wasn't the lotus flowers but instead, the lake itself.

White Bottomless Lake's water is known to be able to wash off any impurities in a being's body just simply by immersing in it oneself. You can even cleanse off any evil aura on your body.

In Ting Lihua's memories, there will be a mission in about a month from now. But, that mission wasn't so simple. Because Ting Lihua secretly practice demonic martial techniques, there was an evil aura around her. Ultimately, she was later found out during the mission, resulting in a punishment that ripped off all her cultivation.

With that, Xia Suyin could only use this chance so that she wouldn't have to go through what Ting Lihua did. After all without power, you are as good as dead in this world that revolves around the strong being at the top of the food chain. Another reason was...

Xia Suyin tilted her head up to glance at the messy man in front of her. Not only will she get rid of the aura around her, she may even be able to see what Yu Qianli truly looks like. That is, knocking out two birds with one stone!

"Junior brother Yu." Xia Suyin called out sweetly.

Yu Qianli smiled back at her, "En?"

"Let me down. I'll be fine right now. You must be tired after carrying me for so long."

Yu Qianli quickly shook his head. "Senior sister Ting, I'm not tired."

After a pause, a grin appeared on Yu Qianli's dirty face as he look directly at Xia Suyin's eyes, "Senior sister Ting, are you ready?"

"Huh?"

Yu Qianli took a step forward and jump towards the lake. His long dark hair sways as he look down at Xia Suyin with an ever gentle smile. Xia Suyin subconsciously held onto Yu Qianli's clothes tighter as a bad feeling started to emerge.

With a splash, both of them was immerse inside the lake. Bubbles that were caused by their impact were all around them, making Xia Suyin unable to see Yu Qianli's figure.

But, she could feel that his hold of her started to loosen. Her back facing the endless darkness of the lake as she slowly sink deeper and deeper into despair.

Soon, the bubbles disappear and Xia Suyin was shock when she saw Yu Qianli standing at the same spot while she continues to slowly sink. But, that wasn't what shock her the most. It was his appearance.

All the dirt on his clothes and body was washed off. His messy hair before, now wasn't messy but instead not a single strand out of place and swaying beautifully. His face was handsome, unlike any men Xia Suyin have ever seen. But, his sharp eyes show no emotion.

It was also as if he was a living being that can breathe underwater as he stood still in one spot, looking down at Xia Suyin who was getting further and further away.

'Why? Why do I feel so weak now that I can't even move? I'm also starting to lose breath and soon I will drown...'

This suffocating feeling, Xia Suyin doesn't want at all! No! How can she let history repeat again?!

'Hurts....It hurts...'

'Save me...Won't you save me...?' Xia Suyin look at Yu Qianli's figure as she begged him nonstop inside her mind.

'Please, save me.'
.
.
.

'Why should I save you?'

A voice spoke to her inside her head. Xia Suyin's eyes widened as she could feel herself trembling. That voice, it was Yu Qianli's voice.

'For what reason should I save you for?'