Chapter 4- A Surprise Appearance

It was already morning but the sun hasn't completely shown itself yet. The surrounding air was misty, a hint of coldness along with silence.

"Sister Lihua! Wake up! We're going to be late!"

Hearing the commotion, Xia Suyin only delve deeper onto her blanket. It was still too early for her.

"Sister Lihua!"

Seeing how Xia Suyin isn't waking up, she didn't care being formal anymore and decided to just barge in.

After getting inside, she went straight towards the resting area of the room and yank the blanket away from Xia Suyin.

Xia Suyin groan upon the sudden coldness after her blanket was taken away. Rubbing her eyes, she sat up from the bed and look up at the person responsible for disturbing her rest.

'Oh?' Xia Suyin instantly smiled.

The girl in front of her was Fan Daiyu, Ting Lihua's friend. But in the memories, Fan Daiyu was killed later on during a mission to the mortal realm. The reason for her death was unknown. It was only reported back that she died, leaving Ting Lihua to lose the only person she trusted the most.

'Hmph! If Ting Lihua's friend is going to die then all the more for me to be happy!'

It was then that System's voice sounded inside her head.

[Level of importance: Silver, 300 pts]

[Task: Don't let Fan Daiyu die during her mission to the mortal realm]

[Failure of Completion: 100 whips towards the soul]

If there was a table nearby, Xia Suyin would've already flip it. She was angry to the point she can punch a pillow 121 times!

"Sister Lihua?" Fan Daiyu starts to wave her hand in front of Xia Suyin's face.

Xia Suyin snap out of her trance. She let out a small sigh and got up while at the same time pushing Fan Daiyu out of the room.

Saying in a sweet voice, "Alright alright. Wait for me outside while I change my clothes."

Fan Daiyu chuckled, "Okay then."

Once the doors are closed and Fan Daiyu was outside waiting for Xia Suyin, Xia Suyin's sweet expression a second ago immediately darkens.

It wasn't anything new for her to act sweet and nice towards people she hates. Ever since she was small, she has always act like this in order to take advantage of the situation.

Though if you were to think about it, it's normal for humans to do a performance in front of others. Always having different facades towards different groups of people.

Xia Suyin quickly get change into the sect clothes. It was a long sleeve robe that was long and can be fluttery if there were to be any breeze or wind, making the one wearing it looking like an immortal. The color was of a light blue with dark blue linings. Overall, it was simple yet at the same time sophisticated and elegant.

Xia Suyin left her room after she was done. Meanwhile, Fan Daiyu had on a tense expression when she heard the door opening. "Sister Lihua, lets hurry!"

Fan Daiyu grabs onto Xia Suyin's hand and started running. They are going to be late to roll call in the West Jade Hall!

With Ting Lihua's memories, Xia Suyin naturally knew why Fan Daiyu was so scared.

Every morning around 5, all students in Tiantang Peak will have to go to West Jade Hall for roll call. Those who are absent will have to face punishment. It may be light or heavy depending on what the peak master is currently feeling at that moment.

When Xia Suyin and Fan Daiyu got there, they were inside a huge building with all the students of Tiantang peak in the middle.

The one to do the roll call is second senior brother Jian. His facial expression was very gentle and pleasant to look at. Way better than Shun Hai who was the first disciple. Lan Jian was situated in front of all the students with a list of names and calling each individual out currently.

"Bao Guang."

"Here."

"Fu Heng."

"Here."

"Ting Lihua."

Xia Suyin pursed her lips before saying, "....Here."

"Yu Qiangli."

"Here!"

Xia Suyin immediately turns to look back at the source of the voice. It was the male voice from last night!

She soon discovered that she wasn't the only one caught off guard. Many others also stared at the direction she was looking at.

They were all gasping and shocked that Yu Qiangli was actually present for the first time in ages.

Xia Suyin look closely at the man. Though he was tall and lean, his sect clothes was all dirty as well as his face. His hair was in a mess as if he haven't comb it in months. Even as people were pointing and talking about him, his big smile was oddly bright.