☆Chapter 7☆

Zander's P.O.V.

We get in a taxi and we hit the road. We decide to go to a takeaway, buy lunch and go to the cliff, the place we met.

It's special to me. She's special to me. I don't know how or why she feels special to me, but I know she's special. I just believe it.

It's probably because she's gone through the loneliness I have. I know how it feels and I want to help her.

That's probably it.

We stay in comfortable silence for some time before she speaks up.

"Did your parents know that you went away?"

"Nope. They weren't at home at that time, they aren't there now either." I reply. I wish they would know what they're putting me through.

"Ohh, where are they?"

"Business trip, as always. They only come if they want to. Before I had my granddad with me, but now I live on my own." I miss grandpa so much. All I'm living for right now is to make him proud of me. I got nothing else to live for. Nobody to live for.

"What about other family members?" She questions me yet again. What's with the questions?

"I do have an aunt and uncle. But it's not like they care. They never really speak to me. I met them at grandpa's funeral after ages." I say.

Why the hell am I saying HER all this? Yeah, right, because she's the only one who cared to ask. It feels nice to talk to someone who knows what I'm going through.

"Ohh okay." She says and we fall into a comfortable silence.

The taxi stops at a restaurant and we get out and go inside the restaurant.

We both get pasta. Well, she got pasta and I got it because she got it. Oh well, something's wrong with me. We get a couple of water bottles as well.

We get in the taxi again and the driver takes off.

Yet again it was complete, comfortable silence. I like it. It was so calming to have her around.

I tell the taxi driver to stop a few meters away from the edge. No one needs to know about that place!

We both get out of the taxi and start walking together. It was again silence. It felt like, even though we weren't talking, our minds were communicating.

We reach the edge and we both sit down on the grass which was so green and nice. I set the food down and we both started eating. I was so hungry.

"You said you were 17, right?" She was the first to speak as she had done before. I guess she does like to talk a lot.

"Yup. I'm 17 and you?"

"I'm 16. Well, turning 17 in December. But yeah, 16 for now."

"That's great! So you're in the final year too?"

"Yeah. I go to the local high school though."

"I see. So when's your birthday?"

"It's on the 20th of December. When's yours?"

"Mine's on the 29th of January."

"Cool!" She says, and again we fall into silence. We both continued eating in silence.

After some time, I decided to break the silence this time.

"What do you plan on doing after high school?"

"I honestly don't have anything in mind, but I think I'll go with biochemistry. But that is if I can afford it, which I don't think I can. What about you?"