Chapter 6- "I'm new today..!"

Start from the beginning

************************************

As I walked to English class the next day, I felt peppy for no reason at all. Mrs.O'Connell assigned us an essay and started grading papers on her mahogany desk. I had completely zoned out by then. Writing made me feel better about myself.

I guess it had something to do with the fact that words had always come easily to me. Sure, I couldn't express myself properly and I still had trouble voicing my feelings; it's just words and I had this whole other bond when I put them on paper.

It was like blinking my eyes. Writing came to me that naturally and I knew I could always rely on words to cheer me up.

Rebecca, my therapist, who I don't visit any longer, also advised me to write every now and then. Especially when the reality of Oliver's death struck me hard.  And real bad.

Originally, this meant that I went through words at an alarming pace of about three thousand each day, which to state the obvious, was a little tiring.

Gradually, as I started to get a grip on myself, the word count per day had decreased; my love for them, however, hadn't.

"Um, sorry to disturb you. But I'm new and I joined today and I think I have fourth period English, so am I excused for being late?" a voice enquired from the head of the room.

I snapped out of my world. Much as I had mixed feelings for Jonathan his voice was something that I could possibly never forget. And like what would happen in a clichéd book, I was told to help him with his work. I totally couldn't believe this was happening.

I had totally brought the rumor circulating all over school that Jonathan had moved across town since that made Mr. Sanders' commute to his workplace easier.

I was so surprised to see him there because ever since freshman year began, I had forced myself to believe he was gone for good. Not seeing him at school for like a month and a half had definitely helped make the whole thing real and just last week I had actually started to think that maybe it wasn't a rumor at all.

It was the only way in my eyes to really forget him and start afresh. I was doing well till yesterday too.

Seeing him at that Starbucks had taken me off guard, but I'd just assumed he had come over to this side of town to catch up with friends and thought nothing of it.

It was believable too, he had always been the more social one.

As he scanned the room and his eyes fell on me, his lips curled up into a smirk. His eyes twinkled merrily and I was sure he was looking forward to talking to me as much as I was looking forward to get the hell out of class.

I couldn't handle talking to Jonathan, I could have a panic attack any moment with him, because to think of him was to invariably think of Oliver.

That's how close they were. I remember how my crush on Jonathan grew partly due to the amount of time that he hung out with Oliver at home.

Then, I felt that it was the perfect love story; falling in love with my brother's best friend.

Now, I know that it wasn't a good idea at all. I fell in love not with my brother's best friend, but with a guy so fake he couldn't be bothered to attend his supposed best friend's funeral.

Just thinking of Oliver in a black suit with his head wrapped in bandages made me sick and I asked to excuse myself.

As I asked her if I could leave the room, I informed Mrs. O'Connell that considering how I wasn't well, Allie would help Jonathan in my place.

I signalled to Allie to take care of Jonathan, who was standing in a corner, smirking.

Before I left the room, Allie glanced over, giving me an 'I'll handle the ass' look. I gave her a smile before excusing myself from the room.

I may be overreacting but I had to get out of fourth period English.

I had to swap classes with someone and at this point, the urge was so frantic that I'd have exchanged English for something I detested; maybe even gym.

I ran down to the guidance counsellor asking her for a change in my classes. When I said that the reason was personal, she looked up curiously, opening her mouth to speak.

But then, something, rather someone stopped her from asking the one question that could have completely, totally made me cry.

"It's alright, I'll swap with her." A guy with brown hair, and a deep voice offered before the counselor could get a word in edgewise.

A/N

Hey Guys!

I love you all. The number of reads is like 'WOW!'. The rate at which they have been increasing is overwhelming. I'm short on time and I'll make the A/N snappy!

Stay tuned for some hardcore fangirl moments.

Vote, Comment, Fan & Share