Chapter 1- History In The Making

An old, small piece of paper with 'something' written on it, flew in the skies of Azure and Cerulean for the past few days and no one could ever catch it. People talked about it everywhere. No one knew from where it came or what secret it held. All they knew was that it's a piece of paper and nothing else.

That was the case all the time, for centuries. A dusty old paper that not a single person was able to squeeze in their hands.

They called it the mysterious 'Butterfly' paper.

And it was the first time it flew north, to those two regions.

It was a sunny noon in April and the bustling and blooming Cornflower city—the capital of Cerulean—had the most delightful springtime of all the other cities in Plus.

A beautiful land full of flowers and cheers. Birds chirping and people with endless joyous chattering. The air also seemed more active here than in other places.

A little boy who stood on the street's walkway opposite to the Watts Academy building, holding his busy mother's hand as she chatted through her phone, spotted the paper and pointed at it. "Hey mom! look!"

As her hat shook a bit from the winds, the mother turned her face to the skies, "Oh! I see," she stared at it in disinterest as it fluttered in the winds along the bright sun. Her long skirt has witnessed a strong breeze heading towards them, warning her to mind her own business. "Come on. Let's go!" She said in a hurry and continued her chatter, pulling his hand as she walked down the street.

Since it was spring, the season of new beginnings, it was also the first day of a new academic year--and of the month too--, but a certain someone seemed to not be enjoying it.

History classes are boring! Alex groaned from the inside, staring at the ceiling of the classroom with a bored face as the piece of paper finally got stuck in the slightly open window that was close to him.

Even a pigeon thought it was something important and came knocking on the window while trying to eat it.

No one paid attention to it, but Alex, who did due to his curiosity, turned his face and saw the bird trying to take the piece of paper. He looked at the window with surprise and tried to reach out to it, but then the teacher turned and he immediately got back to his position, trying to focus on the lesson.

The bird gave up and flew away. Alex sighed in relief as he saw the paper still intact on the window. He couldn't move and try to get it in the middle of the class, even though he was at the last bench, as the teacher was facing the students now rather than turning her back.

He gave up and thought of getting it later, after the class, but the piece of paper went loose and continued flying back again. He didn't notice that and forgot about it as he had to focus on the lesson.

But his focus didn't last for too long.

He turned his face to his twin brother sitting right next to him, who was focused on the lesson more than him, and asked him quietly, "Hey, are you excited for the tournament this year?"

John nodded in agreement, but didn't say a word.

"I bet it'll be awesome," he smirked, "You won't be joining of course, 'cause you're weak, but you can cheer me on as I destroy my opponents,"

John smiled, He thinks I won't be coming, but I'll show him that I'm stronger. He thought with a determined look.

"Is someone whispering in the back!?" asked the history teacher, Miss Violet.

"N-No ma'am, no one, everything's alright." John replied in defense of his brother.

Both of them were seated in the back with the gang of delinquents, whom Alex fights with sometimes as they bully his nerdy twin brother. They were all either asleep or trying to escape from the class. Alex was no exception. He tried escaping before, but failed a couple of times, so he sat with boredom as he had no one to cheer him up except for his brother, who is more interested in history in comparison.