"Don't fuck it up." I hear Harold whisper.

                                    "Go!" Kyle yells.

     My body begs me to stop and give up. I want to give up. I feel dizzy from pushing myself to do more than my body can cope with. But I ignore it. I run as fast as I can to avoid more hateful glares being sent my way.

    I finally make it back to the starting point after what felt like an eternity. My legs jolt forward and let my knees dig into the dirt as the rest of my body presses down into it so I can rest my whole body.

    "One minute and eight seconds." My eyes squeeze shut with frustration. "See you all in detention tomorrow at three." Harold's familiar deep groan rattles its way through me. "Now let's all go so we don't miss the bus back."

       I roll on my back with a struggle, watching Kyle leave the area with Harold and Liam stumbling behind him. I can already feel it within myself that I don't have the energy to get up and breathe steadily.

A hand stretches out over me. "Here." Isaac McGregor offers to help me up. "I'm not an asshole, Violet." He says after I hesitate taking his help.

I slowly take a grasp of his hand and try my hardest to get my body to stand up. I had thought he would pull his hand away at the last moment and walk away with a laugh. He didn't.

       "Thanks." I squeeze out once I was back up on my feet. He says nothing more, all he does is offer a small smile before he turns around and walks back down the track and out of the trees to where the park is.

         I have always felt as if the whole school have their backs to me after Sebastian. I tell myself that the students either hate me, or are scared of me. I believe they blame me. Although, I start to realise not everyone is evil.

   Not everyone puts me at fault or treats me like it. Maybe it's not them, and it's me acting as if I do have everything to hide. The more I believe it's my fault, the more everyone else does too.

     My legs struggle to walk down the track, every step feels harder to take. I can't wait to be able to sit on the bus to let my legs rest and drink water. This track has made me start to hold hate towards running, which has been something I've enjoyed all my life. I've never felt more physically weak and exhausted in my life.

      Once I step out of the tree line I see most of the students already huddled in front of both Kyle Reynolds and Mrs Lancaster. There is a few other students still trying to pack their bag as they stumble over to the group.

    I try and spot my friends from a distance as I slowly take more pained steps. With every movement, I can feel my legs trying their hardest to support my body weight. "Is Darien Kummings here?" Mrs Lancaster seems to be marking a roll call as she stands on her tiptoes to find the students.

   "How'd track go?" Dianna turns her head around to me once I found my friends and slump beside them. "You're covered in dirt." She laughs with her brows drawn in curiously.

   "Did you all roll around on the ground or something like that? Everyone from your group is covered in dirt too." Camila says as she looks at my tights and sport shirt.

I glance down to see a thin layer of dust and dirt covering my tights and arms. "It went terrible." I pant out and notice Flynn has a hold of my bag. I move from being beside Dianna and squeeze myself between Camila and Flynn, taking my bag from him and sitting on the ground so my legs can rest and I can find my water bottle easily.

I still haven't managed to catch my breath from the intense track we were forced to endure. Even after drinking the remaining contents from my water bottle, I still ache for more water and air.