°•It seems to be getting better•°

Warnings/triggers:
Mentions of panic attacks
mentions of past eating disorder
crying/sobbing
•trouble sleeping
Tell me if I missed any!
~~~~~~~~~~~~Your P.O.V~~~~~~~~~~~

Everything was perfect.

The sides had accepted Deceit and Remus into the lights sides commons. They didn't live there, but they were always welcome. The others had learned to accept Deceit for himself. Every tic and fidget, every jump and flinch, they had gotten used to them. They learned more about Dee and what he liked.

They also learned a lot of his little habits; how his leg twitched when he was nervous, how he would glance around the room when uncomfortable, how he would tap his fingers on the table when bored.

He got close to each one of the sides.

With Patton, he would help bake every Friday night. Logan says it's not healthy to eat that much dessert, so they store it in the fridge. Patton taught him to sew and knit for awhile, Deceit started to get good at it.

Logan and Dee shared a liking to psychology. Logan was good at listening, he wouldn't interupt or judge Deceit for anything. He was quiet, which Deceit liked. He never brought up uncomfortable topics unless it was causing harm to anyone. He would always make sure to make Deceit feel comfortable and safe. He was Deceit's third option when he needed comfort.

With Virgil, it felt like they were family again. They had gotten so close. Virge gave him advice for the panic attacks and how to calm himself down. They would talk for hours, which the lights had no idea Virgil was capable of. He was his second option for comfort.

He even got closer to Roman. He joined in on (some of) the Disney marathons that Ro had. Roman asked Deceit all sorts of things; what Remus likes to do, his favorite foods, things like that. He trusted Roman, and Roman trusted him.

Best of all, Remus and Dee were as close as ever. They would have hour long conversations, they would cook together, they would cuddle when it got colder. Remus had confessed to Dee one night, let's just say it got emotional.

That night Deceit asked Remus so many things. 'Why did you love me? Why do you care about me that much? Why are you so nice to me?' Remus knew that being with Deceit would be a handful, but he didn't care. He loved him too much.

Things got better between the twins. They spent a lot more time together now. Remus admits that guilt crashes over him when he remembers what Roman said. He said that it was his fault, and that none of this would've happened if he had spent more time with his brother. Roman comforts him, and tells him that it's fine. He tells him it's not his fault. Remus still thinks it is.

Everybody watches over Deceit. They got him to eat more, and his health started to get increasingly better. He wasn't as thin as before, they all made sure of that. Virgil and Logan helped him fall asleep. They gave him advice on what not to do and what he can do. The dark circle under his eye was decreasing quickly.

Deceit would always cuddle up to somebody. Whether he was cold, tired, or just needed affection, he would find the closest person. It would normally be Remus, but it could be anybody.

He likes Patton's cuddles because he compliments him and makes sure to be gentle with his words. He talks to him in a soothing voice that could calm anyone down. Well, maybe not anyone, but it sure did work for Deceit.

He enjoys Virgil's because they're slow and gentle. None of his movements are rushed. He makes sure to not make any uncomfortable shifts or movements when with Dee.

Logan's are comfortable and silent. There isn't any talking, only the peace and quiet around them. Lo knows that Deceit likes the quiet, so he makes it as silent as he can.

Roman's are peaceful. He brushes his fingers on his cheeks and gently hums to a song. It could either be Disney or something completely random. He'll often talk to him about things he likes, but stops whenever Dee wants to.

Remus is obviously his favorite. He kisses every scale on his face, complimenting him after every one. He runs his fingers down his hair and tells him comforting things. They usually fall asleep after awhile. Remus makes sure to stay up a bit after, just to make sure Dee doesn't start crying.

Sometimes, memories flood through Deceit's mind while he's asleep. He often bursts up and sobs, while Remus hugs him tightly.  He'll repeat "I'm sorry" through each sob. He'll cry himself back asleep, cradled in his arms.

Things were finally going good.

Or so they thought.

His physical health was great; he ate well, slept well, and the flinching had decreased.

But something was still wrong.

He was still breaking down.

~~~~835~~~~