Honestly, he shouldn't scare you as much as he does, but he reminds you too much of that person. Not the maid. Your father has acquaintances all over the world, which leads frequent to trips out of Japan, which used to be no problem since you were home-schooled. You were eight, he was twelve. At first he was nice, eccentric, and humorous with his flamboyantly royal personality, which you didn't mind; however even at a young age you knew he wasn't your type, but since your fathers shared an interest in merging their companies, marriage had become a casual conversation. To make a long-story-short, the boy "proposed," and you flatly turned him down with a static list of reasons why, and he didn't take it well at all, and showed it by shoving you on the ground and forcibly kissing you. It would have gotten uglier if your brother hadn't have been calling for you. The Spanish boy played it off as if he was only teasing before your brother found you, like it was a game, and no one considered his acts completely sinister. Now, any male who was the flamboyant personality type sends violent shivers down your back. Needless to say, every time you returned to Spain, you avoided him as much as possible, but he still found ways to hang out with you, and to keep proposing only to be turned down over and over. And he kept invading your privacy when you were alone.

You were more than happy to go to school, and stop your international travels-even if that meant meeting Tamaki Suoh. After a full year, you know he's not particularly dangerous, but he reminded you too much of that guy, and it has become more of a reflex to keep up your guard whenever you see him. It's too much of a hassle to keep the walls down for someone so energetic.

Luckily, Tamaki isn't alone. Kyoya Otori has accompanied him. Unlike Tamaki, he is much calmer and doesn't regularly encourage you to participate in lively and frivolous activities.

You had met him at a dinner party where his father had invited yours due to a successful business deal in which major hospitals the Otori family owned bought services from Akihiro Security Enterprises. Since you two were the only people in your age group, you two were encouraged to talk and get to know each other, but it felt like it was too much pressure for you. If you said something wrong, it could compromise the newly formed business deal, so that first night, you let him do all the talking, and to get him distracted further, so he wouldn't notice your lack of participation in the art of conversation, you asked him to give you a tour of his home. Later during the night, it became obvious that he had noticed, and regularly started asking you questions. At first it was about your father's company, but when he seemed to have gotten enough answers, the questions deviated to the rest of your family, and then eventually to you: what you liked, your favorite subject, where you had traveled to. Simple answers seemed to be the best option because once you started talking about something that really interested you, there was no stopping your prattling, so you restrained yourself. It didn't help that you thought he was rather good-looking.

After that, as your fathers grew closer, your relationship tentatively grew closer as well, but you weren't sure if you could call each other friends. It was more of an acquaintanceship. Eventually, after you had been frightened out of your wits by Tamaki, Kyoya had seemed to become protective of you; albeit protecting you only from Tamaki, but, because of that, you had more opportunities to try and converse with Kyoya, and because of those many more opportunities, you got the chance to see him outside of his father's pressure. He was different than at the dinner parties. It was subtle, but you could notice it right away, and you grew to like this side of him than the stoic business-obsessed side. When the Host Club was brought up, as strange as it was, it seemed he enjoyed talking about the club and the other hosts. It seems he finally made close friends that weren't just business opportunities, and that's what you wanted from Kyoya-to be not just a business opportunity, but how?

You press pause on your CD player and allow your headphones to hang around your neck in order to greet them. "Is there anything you need?"

"We, the wonderful Host Club, would like you to paint our club portrait," Tamaki says in his prince-like tone with his melodramatic poses.