"Sure, and he's just hiding that longing behind the clear disgust he shows every time he even looks at me." This time my eye roll was much more intentional.

"Oh I don't know if it's disgust Ry. I think you just confuse and maybe even scare him." Dreece replied flicking the errant strand of violet hair behind their ear as they spoke. "Maybe you should just try and ask him out. See him outside of his scrubs and all that."

"Right, because we have so much in common." My cheeks were burning at the mere idea of asking out Dr. Walsh. Dreece didn't know, but he'd been haunting my dreams a lot, and not just when I was asleep.

"You never know, you just might."

"No offence Dreece, but last time I took your suggestion it ended very, very horribly, so I think I'll just stick with being single for now." I grinned at Dreece, my frustration mostly gone from the earlier interview. "However, I might check out the coffee shop, after all they are a great place to meet new people."

"I thought you just said you wanted to sick with being single?" Dreece replied, standing to clean their coffee mug out and put it in the dishwasher.

"For now. I said for now, you never know, maybe I'll meet someone there just as fucked up as me who thinks the idea of a man being able to carry a child to term is an amazing thing and doesn't make them a freak of nature."

Dreece just shook their head at me before moving to grab their jacket.

"You want a ride to the coffee shop? I mean I'd hate for you to miss your chance at meeting mister perfect because someone else got that amazing minimum wage job."

Laughing, I stood up and made my way to the door.

"Only you would find a minimum wage job to be amazing, but sure, may as well give it a shot, after all what is the worst that can happen?"

"Third degree burns from boiling hot water most likely. You know that or you make some hipsters drink wrong and you're stuck listening to them rant for the better part of a few hours." Dreece retorted locking the door behind us. Their apartment was on the third flood, but thankfully Dreece had access to a working elevator.

"Oh know, what ever would I do? Or what if some little old lady comes in and I make her coffee to hot or two sweet and have to withstand a tongue lashing." We both dissolve into laughter as we waited for the elevator to arrive.

The faint ding barely penetrated our laughter as we moved to enter the elevator, not noticing the other passengers trying to exit. Rather than walking through open space, I found myself with a face full of leather and grease stained shirt.

"Oof..." Back peddling I looked up, and up and up at the tall stranger I'd run into. "Oh... sorry."

"Apologies are all mine, I should have been more careful." The faint scratch of his voice sent thrills down my body, his eyes seeming to follow them. Heat flourished in my face, robbing me of my voice.

"Hey Rhett, just get off work?" Dreece said blatantly looking the man before me.

"Hello Dreece, yes I just closed the shop up for an hour so I could get something to eat. Are you heading off to work then?" Rhett's eyes glanced over my friend before returning to me, not giving me a moment's reprieve from their steely grey grasp.

"Yep, just going to drop Ryan off at the coffee shop first so he can see about getting a job there. Hey, doesn't your cousin run that shop?" Dreece had their arm out blocking the elevator door, most likely annoying one of the other patrons of the building who was trying to call for it.

"He does, if you want I can put a good word in for you." The smile he sent me seemed to hold a hint of impish humor. "That is if you ever decide to let me get past you and to my apartment."

"I umm... right. Sorry." I quickly ducked around him, trying not to take to deep a breath of his scent as I did. It wasn't that wonderful whiskey and citrus scent of Dr. Walsh I loved, but it was wonderful all the same. "I umm... I mean if it's not to much trouble it would mean a lot to me..."

I trailed off as Rhett continued walking down the hall. He turned back and sent me a smile, the only sign he'd even heard me.

Stepping into the small elevator, Rhett's scent wrapped around me, old leather and spices. The smell was tantalizing in it's own uniqueness, just like the man who it belonged to.

"What's with that look?" Dreece asked giving me the side eye as they punched the button for the bottom floor.

"What look?" I glared at them.

"That one, like you've just walked into a brand new lab with next level equipment. Normally I only see that look when you 'accidently' run into Nathan outside of your appointments, and even then it's been missing from those moments lately." Dreece was just too damned perceptive for their own good some day.

"It's nothing, he just smelled rather good is all, plus he offered to help me get this barista job." I shrugged, hoping my nonchalance was enough to help cover the fact that Rhett had managed to tick more than a few of my boxes. If only he was a doctor like Dr. Walsh, then he'd have been perfect.

"Sure, whatever you say Ry, just do me a favor?" Dreece's voice took on a strangely serious tone, " Choose one of them and leave the other alone. They are both great guys and don't deserve to be played with."

So I realized that I forgot to put my questions here. Lol it's been a long day but first I want to say a thousand thank yous to those of you who read and voted on this chapter almost immediately. It means the world to me.

Now, what did you think? Is the time progression alright? So how are you feeling about Ryan's relationship with Dr. Sexy? Or is this new guy seeming like a better option? What's your ship?

Much love!

Willow