36.0 The One Where Boys Are Assholes

Pre-Death
Post-Death

"Tony and I will get rid of the gun

"Tony and I will get rid of the gun." Clay stated to Justin, Zach, Jessica, Tony, and his sister as they all sat at a table at Monet's. Tyler had given Clay his last gun, which he only kept in case he was going to get hurt, but he never fired it.

"Because we just believe him?" Zach questioned the group.

"We believed you." Clay spat back.

Elizabeth could feel the tension between the two, and decided to change the subject. "So, were's Alex?" She asked awkwardly as she looked around the coffee place.

"He's on a ride-along with his dad." Jessica answered. "Guess it's the only time they get to spend together nowadays, and-"

"Yeah, you see guys?" Zach cut Jessica off, leaning closer to the group. "This is a murder investigation, and we're hiding Tyler and his gun-"

"Bryce wasn't shot." Justin spoke up as he showed they group an article online. Zach and Elizabeth exchanged a glance of fear.

"But, there's a hole in the back of his head." Elizabeth shot back.

Justin scrolled through the article before speaking. "The papers just guessed it was a gunshot. They were wrong. It's saying he was beaten." Elizabeth's eyes widened, and Zach grabbed onto her hand lightly.

"This- Uh- This is fucked up." Zach stood up from his seat.

"Zach-" Elizabeth tried to get him to sit back down by pulling onto his hand, but he refused.

"No, you know what?" Zach exclaimed, ripping his hand out of Elizabeth's grasp. "You guys do whatever the hell you want. I don't want to know about it. Not anymore." Zach hobbled out of Monet's with his crutches, leaving Elizabeth staring at the table.

"They think it might be blunt force trauma, and they're looking for the murder weapon." Tony explained to his friends. "They're dragging up the river on both sides of the bridge."

"Oh shit." Elizabeth shook her head, rubbing her temples.

Justin grabbed his phone back from Tony. "The river?" He scoffed. "Let me guess, is that where you guys dumped Tyler's guns?"

"Correct." Tony nodded slowly.

The group was silent for a minute, taking everything in, before Clay spoke up again. "So, a new plan is needed for this one then."

Justin looked up at him before speaking. "Give me the gun." Clay furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "I'll deal with it."