Game of Hearts!

A teary eyed Khushi sat on the last step of the staircase that led to the terrace of Raizada Mansion. Every four seconds she sniffed trying to control her sadness but the fear of the impending loneliness was not helping
her case.

Its not like Khushi Gupta is unhappy with this alliance, as a fact she was the first one to approve of Akaash Singh Raizada. She had experienced his simplicity and serenity quite a number of times, and anyone could vouch for a groom like Akaashji.

To top it all her Jeeji was extremely happy with this proposal. So ofcourse the family were satisfied about bonding with the Raizadas. Even her foe Arnav Singh Raizada had started being more than cordial with her. The two sworn enemies had somehow teamed up for their siblings happiness and then slowly their gigantic issues came down to simpler and minor arguements.

Not to forget that during the marriage rituals the rude and callous Raizada had shown his more playful and softer side to her, specifically her. Unsaid words and actions were making both the souls acknowledge the depth of their connection.

But today Khushi could not get rid of the lump in her throat. The pain of getting separated from her best friend, confidant and guide, her only sister was breaking her heart. Her tears were cascading down her cheeks, slow and steady, like the first drizzling of the monsoon.

Checking her wrist watch Khushi tried to compose herself for the wedding, when someone pushed a white hankerchief near her face. Clutching the small piece of cloth, she quickly wiped her tears and  lifted her head to thank the kind one for his act.

However a dark flush dusted over her pale cheeks as she realized about the intense company she had. The left side of Khushi' body was on fire as the familiar black suited man made himself comfortable on the same step as her.

Tum theek ho?
(You alright?)

These three words from Arnav Raizada made her heart beat like the pace of a machine gun. This man definitely has the power to intimidate or charm anyone depending on his mood and thoughts. She mused.

Ji. Hum theek hain. Woh bas...
(Yes. I am ok. Its just that...)

Its fine Khushi. I completely understand. Its your sister wedding and you are going through the pain of separation with her. Believe me I get.

With a small smile the petite framed woman tried to compose herself. The wedding was about to happen and Khushi had to play the role of a happy sister. So giving a nod to the Mr. Raizada the lady prepared herself to leave the deserted stairs, only to stop all of a sudden. A flaming hand wrapped itself around her bangle clad wrist making her breathless yet again.

And before Khushi could build up the courage to question Arnavji about his move, she was pulled into a comforting hug by her sisters would be brother in law.

Ab apne sare darr aur taqleefon ko bye kehdo Khushi. Kyunki  ab unke aage main chattaan ban ke khada rahunga.
(Its time to say goodbye to all your fears and pains Khushi. Because from now on I will be found standing like a mountain between them and you).

Clutching the man to herself the woman nodded as a final tear fell from her eye pocket. But this last tear was filled with respect, compassion and love for this confusing man.

Hum jaante Arnavji. Aapke bina kahe bhi hum sab smajhte hain. Kyunki aapki aankhein sab kehdeti hain.
(I know Arnavji. You dont need to verbalize this. As yours eyes are a door to your soul).

As soon as she said these words Arnav Singh Raizada loosened their embrace only press his forehead to hers. Months of his anger, confusion, pain and hurt vanished with a few words from Khushi Kumari Gupta. While happiness, tranquillity, bliss and shear love bloomed around the intertwined couple.