Orphan

*stony*
*civil war didn't happen and iw& endgame won't happen*

Tony and Steve were happy. Happy together. The only problem was they ached for a child. Someone to bring it full circle. Carry on the Stark Legacy. Raise as their own. With love. The men knew they had the chance to give a lesser fortunate child the world. Their dreams would come true. But who?

They gathered up papers and other necessities for their trip and got in Steve's Bentley. They had called the place earlier to let them know they were coming in case paparazzi arrived.

When they pulled up, the place was a lot smaller than they expected it to be. Tony frowned but still pressed on. The door opened and a woman stepped out. She was very friendly to them and ushered them in. All the children that were available gathered in the small yet cozy living area. Steve immediately knelt down and started talking to a bunch of kids. Tony smiled a few times, but he was distracted by a little boy in the corner. Tony walked up to the woman and nodded to the door.

The two stepped out into the hall.
"Who's that little boy in the corner."
"Oh. That's Peter Parker. He only arrived a month ago. Poor little boy lost everyone he had. He's 5 years old. Such a sweet and caring little boy though." Tony glanced into the room and saw Peter peering at him through his blanket but when he saw Tony looking at him, he swiftly turned his head back. "Why don't you go talk to him, Mr Stark?"
"Call me Tony." He said, walking back into the room.

Tony tapped Steve on the shoulder and knelt down to him. He whispered to Steve that he was going to talk to Peter.

Tony shuffled over to Peter and sat next to him. Peter looked out from behind his blanket to look at Tony. "Hey kid. I'm Tony and over there, that's Steve."
"Stark?" Peter mumbled.
"Yeah."
"Iron man? Captain America?"
"That's right bud. What's your name?"
"Peter Benjamin Parker."
"I didn't realise we were using full names. Anthony Edward Stark, good sir."
Tony stuck out his hand to Peter, who shook it with a small giggle, his little hands only able to grip two fingers. Tony smiled.

Peter hesitantly shuffles even closer to Tony. He put his head on Tony's arm, his small body not able to reach Tony's shoulder. Peter quickly took it off and looked at Tony with a worried look, scared he'd just ruined his chances of being adopted. "Hey it's ok Kiddo." Tony put his arm around Peter.

"Mr- Mr Stark."
"Cmon kid. Call me Tony."
"Are you taking me home with you?"
"How about you meet your other daddy first huh?"
"Ok." Peter had a sad look in his eyes, thinking that he most likely won't get adopted. "Can we go to a different room?" Peter mumbled.
"Sure bud."

Tony picked up Peter, who buried his head in Tony's neck and wrapped his arms around his chest. Tony stood up and mentioned to Steve to follow.

Steve told the woman they'd be back in a few minutes. They walked down to the kitchen and sat at a small circular table. Peter raised his head and shuffled around so he was sat in Tony's lap.
"Hey kid. I'm Steve."
"Peter."
"Steve I want this one." Tony said bluntly, running his fingers through Peter's curly hair.

"How would you feel about that kid?" Steve asked Peter, his small body leaning against Tony's.
"Yeah." Peter's eyes lit up. A small smile on his face. Tony and Steve knew it wouldn't be easy as the poor kid had lost everyone, but they would bring him up with as much love as possible.

Steve went to get the woman so they could finalise everything. Peter's eyes slowly drifted shut as he snuggles in to Tony's chest. Tony slowly rubbed the kid's back.

The woman walked in and saw Peter asleep. "He must like you Tony, he's never been like this with other people." Tony smiled and looked down at the asleep Peter. Steve filled out the documents so that all Tony had to do was sign where needed- Peter snuggled up on him made it hard to write.

"Alright, that's everything." The woman has a big smile. She hugged Steve and whispered a goodbye to Peter. Tony shook her hand and handed her a cheque for $50,000.
"If you ever want to fix something up or get a new place." Tony smiled.
"Oh bless you Mr Stark! Thank you so much." The woman had an even bigger smile.

Steve took out the car seat they put in the trunk before they left. The two men waved to the woman as she shut the door. Tony climbed into the back to sit with Peter.

The sleepy boy woke up. "Where are we going?" He mumbled to Tony.

"Home." He smiled.

A/N
Thanks so much for 2k reads. If you have any requests that would be great.
Love you all 💕
-K🔵