Part 14: Needing to Understsnd

Start from the beginning

She took the document from my hand with her small trembling fingers and whipped her eyes to be able to read past her tears. Sadly her face quickly fell harder once she realized the content.

"See how easily and quickly your own boss sold you out? Luckily it was to me before any other country could get the chance. Imagine the horror if you were to thrown away like that to anyone else. They would have taken advantage of you, hurt you even."

(Y/N) clutched the paper and crinkle while her knuckles turned white from her tight grip. Her cheeks glossing with fresh tears.

"Ludwig," she softly muttered

Why? Why does she still sit there and cry out for him? I'm here for her now. Why can't she see that?! Why can't she see that everything is better here, she's safe.

I take a deep breath to relax myself. I can't go off on here when she's hurting right now. I'll just have to show her how much more better I am than that nazi fu**er.

Pulling back to my chest I could feel the warmth that radiates off of (Y/N) and the wetness of her fresh tears that would drip on to my shirt. "It has to be this way sweetie." I maneuvered a stand of her silky (H/L) hair to behind her ear to gain access to it whisper the last of my words. "I'm never letting you go again (Y/N)."

"Why," she whispered. "What happened to the old Alfred? My best Friend who would never do something like this." She let go of the document to clutch my shirt tightly in her grasp as she sobbed harder.

Seeing her in such a vulnerable and frigid state left an aching feeling in my heart. My hands swiftly started petting her hair again, carful with each movement as to not damage or scare the small timid rabbit below me.

"I had to do this (Y/N). It was the only way to ensure that you're safe. They would have hurt you. You're boss, Germany, even Russia. They could do horrible things to if I was t there to stop them." I reinsured her keeping note to stay soft and gentle.

(Y/N) however, didn't respond. She only cried harder. She must be getting tired. It was a long night for her and an eventful day today.

With a smooth movement I maneuvered a hand down her back to under her knees. While the other stayed behind for support and lifted her up into a bridal style hold. She was frightened in my new position but quickly calmed when accustomed to my embrace.

"Cmon honey, I think it's time we get some rest." I suggested. Again she didn't say anything, poor thing. She must be worn out from all the crying.

Making my way down the familiar halls and up the stairs, I took the same path I did this morning to a cube back to our bedroom. By the time we got to the large, king size bed she was already asleep.

She looked so peaceful. Her fave was relaxed with cheeks so warm and delicate looking, minus the dried tears that stained them. Her lips were parted ever so slightly while still so plump and smooth with a perfect, full red color.

Setting her down in the comforter was excruciating. I wanted more than anything to climb in to bed with her a sleep with her warm, soft form close to me. But painfully, I still had so things I needed to take care of first.

I settled for leaving a light kiss upon her delicate lips. "I'll be back soon,don't worry hun." Regretfully I got up and made my way to the door, but turned around one last time to get another look at such a beautiful creature. "I love you."

With a shut of the door I pulled out my phone and contacted my security. I usually don't have them at my home since I don't like being followed by guards all the time and I could fend for myself. But i know (Y/N) isn't strong enough and needs to be protected from being injured from others or herself.