24: Tutoring Shoto Todoroki

Start from the beginning

"Not really anything in particular, just the subject in general. In fact... I kind of need help in Midnight's classes too," he admitted, rubbing the back of his head.

"That's okay, for the last mock I managed to get 97% so I'll help any way I can," I smiled. He nodded and glanced at me quickly, him adorning a cute slight blush. We reached the library and settled down behind a row of bookshelves, away from prying eyes so we could have some privacy as we studied. I got out all of my text books, Todoroki not realising how many I had.

"Of course I have a fair few, these are all on the recommended reading from the schools website. I don't think people realise how much these books will help. I think you should invest in them," I said, scooting my chair around to his side and bringing with me some of the textbooks. Subtly I tried to get as close to the boy as I could without being too obvious. I glanced quickly up to him to find him staring back down at me, flashing me an ever so quick slight smile, which I returned. "So lets start with Modern Literature, then we can move onto Modern Hero Art History. Both of these subjects are quite tough, so difficulty is understandable."

"You don't even know the word 'difficulty'," Todoroki teased.

"I haven't gotten 100% yet!" I defended, which only made us both chuckle. I sighed and looked back down at the work, beginning to explain some of the simpler chapters to begin with, asking him what he found difficult. I wasn't used to tutoring, but Todoroki assured me I was doing a good job. I got him to try and answer a few exam style questions which he did, almost managing to score top marks. "See, you're improving already!" I said with a smile.

"Thanks, (l/n)," he said with sincerity, looking deep into my (e/c) eyes.

"You're welcome," I mumbled, unable to tear away from his heterochromatic ones.

"It's almost 20:00, we should probably head back to the dorms," he said, putting his books back in his bag. I gasped, checking my watch, unable to believe we had been in here for almost four hours. Not only that but we had completely missed dinner, and I hadn't felt hungry in the slightest. Perhaps it's because I was so distracted by the incredibly handsome man sitting right next to me. "Ready to go?" He broke me from my trance.

"Oh! Right, yes... let me just-," I mumbled to myself as I shoved everything back into my bag in no particular order.

"Can I ask for you to tutor me again? You're so much help and it was fun," he said quietly, catching me off guard completely.

"Yes of course! Are you sure you want me?" I asked carefully and he laughed a little. I had never seen him laugh before.

"Of course I do."

That reply was enough to give me goosebumps as I clung onto my bag strap and looked into his gorgeous eyes. It seemed we shared a special moment before a voice coming form the speakers interrupted us. "The library will be closing in five minutes. Please pack up your belongings." The pair of us smiled awkwardly at each other before he politely gestured me to walk in front. The walk back to the dorm rooms was filled with small talk, me carefully asking about what his father was like. What surprised me was that he was willing to talk to me about it. I was pretty sure he hadn't even spoken to Midoriya about this kind of thing, so I felt quite special hearing about his troubles like this. Once back in the dorms we parted ways with a smile at each other and a quick wave, before the lift doors shut blocking him from my view. Once back in my room I collapsed on my bed, breathing out, unable to stop thinking about him, and realising now that I definitely did have a crush on the boy.

A few weeks later we were studying almost everyday after school in the library. We had grown extremely close, but I wanted to closer. I was too scared of the inevitable rejection, so I decided to keep my feelings inside. The only person I would voice them too is my best friend Mezo, although he couldn't seem less interested if he tried. Still, it was nice to have someone to vent to, and occasionally he'd give pretty good advice.