Chapter 1 - Discovery, part 1

The person who shoplifted Numi went to a bus stop, not having to wait long for the bus to arrive. The ride back to his street took about half an hour and wasn't half bad, but a bit crowded for the first half of it. He got off the bus and started walking towards his house, which was a rather large semidetached with medium sized backyard. He reached the gate and was about to open it when he heard his best friend Matt shout "Hey, Chris! Guess what just came while you were gone!" to him. Chris turned his attention to his right, to the neighbour's half of the semidetached, and saw his friend in an open window on the first floor. Matt had grey eyes, dark brown hair and was of average height.

"Your pigeons," Chris replied, chuckling a bit, "or maybe a seagull?"

"Har, har, guess you don't want to play Black Sky 3." Matt grinned and started slowly closing the window.

Chris' eyes widened. "Wait wha- hold up!" he shouted, gaining Matt's attention. "Are you serious?! You got it?!" he demanded.

"Yup! The magic of pre-orders. I'll come to you in a moment and show you."

"Alright. If you're lying, you owe me two quid!" Chris replied and opened the gate, walked through, closed it and headed for the door, reaching for his keys. "I'm home!" Chris called out once he opened the door, quickly walking in and closing it behind. He immediately heard a set of paws approach as a German shepherd ran over to him. "Yes, yes, Julius, I'm back." Chris said and petted the excited dog. He took off his shoes and went into the living room, Julius in tow, where his 7-year-old sister was watching TV. Next to her was a female British shorthair cat, sleeping on a pillow and partially covered with a blanket. "Rosie."

Rosie turned her head to him. "Hmm?"

With a smile, Chris said "I've got something for you," pulling out a candy bar and handing it to Rosie, who had a smile on her face.

"Thank you!" Rosie beamed happily.

"That's not all," Chris said after a short moment and reached into his other pocket. Rosie was watching curiously, getting starry eyed when her older brother pulled out a pink, 'rubber' squid. "I know you like those rubber animals, so I grabbed it along the way," he said and gave the squid to his sister.

"Thank you very much!" Rosie beamed even more happily and hugged her brother. Chris returned the hug. They both let go a moment later and Rosie ran to her room, while Chris looked over at Julius.

"Think you're gonna need some grooming later, Caesar." he said to the dog, petting its head. Knocking could be heard. Chris turned around, walked back to the door and let Matt in. After closing the door he asked "So?" Matt didn't reply, instead holding out a yet to be opened CD box, with the title 'Black Sky 3' at the top. The cover depicted a few soldiers facing a group of aliens in the ruins of a large city. Chris' eyes shined.

Rosie ran upstairs and into her room, immediately setting down by her doll house. She set the pink squid to the side and reached over for her toy box, pulling it closer to the doll house. She opened the box and began digging through her different toys, getting out some rubber animals and causing a great deal of noise. After a minute she turned back to her doll house and to her surprise the squid had its eyes open. The squid blinked a few times and transformed into a humanoid form, increasing in size to that similar of a baby, sitting up and looking around before noticing Rosie. The two stared at each other for a moment before Rosie exclaimed "Elf!" and reached out to pull the 'elf' closer for a hug. The 'elf' paled and let out a high pitched scream, forcing Rosie to cover her ears, before getting up and running out of the room. Rosie followed a moment later.

---

Numi woke up from her nap because of some noises. The nap helped with her dizziness, but there was still something off about the air. She slowly opened her eyes and was shocked to see that the ceiling was different. She changed her form, sat up and looked around. She was in a large room, painted yellow, with carpets covering the entire floor. After a moment Numi noticed a giant, paling slightly. The two stared at each other for a moment before the giant reached out to grab Numi, exclaiming "El̵̷͡f̡!͏̛" Numi paled so much that snow would look grey next to her. She let out the loudest shriek she ever has, got up and ran away, heading for a door she noticed a moment earlier.