Chapter six

Chapter six: (Asher's POV)

This is boring. Just blatantly boring. We were both sitting on the floor now, her leaning against her bed while I lean against her closet. My eyes are peeking from above the book while hers are curiously scanning the pages of hers. 

"Can we please do something?" I asked while nudging her leg. Her eyes shot up to meet mine from her book. She glared at me before going back to reading. "Ry Ry," I nudged her leg again. Her eyes didn't leave her book, she just nudged my leg back. 

"I'm willing to talk. Let's talk about how our best friends are so in love." I nudged her leg, again. Her eyes met mine, more intrigued now, as she put her book down and gave me her undivided attention. 

"Spill the beans, Ashy," she sighed while hugging her knees, waiting for me to begin. 

"Only if you spill them in return." She nodded before holding out her pinky which I entangled mine with. "He's been trying to impress her and get close to her for a while. It started as just another girl but I think he's starting to genuinely like her. He doesn't tell me much about his love- or well, lust life. But he's different with her. He's more... careful." I explained everything in a nutshell. 

"She usually tells me everything but she's very secretive about him. I think she's trying not to like him because of the image he carries and the number of girls everyone's seen him with. She's different with him too but she's trying to be cautious. I don't know if it's working. I don't trust your best friend with the heart of mine." She has a valid point there. 

"I don't think he'd risk fucking shit up with her, I think he likes her," I shrugged, genuinely not knowing what's been going through Mason's head. 

"Well, I hope he does," she sighed before stretching in her seat. "You know that the students aren't going to follow rules in Paris," I began. 

"There's only one rule?" she asked in confusion. She's so innocent sometimes. Most of the time. 

"Exactly. No one's going to follow it. Everyone's already thinking of ideas." I informed her. 

"Ideas to what? Find a roommate?" she asked with curiosity while I nodded. She sighed in exhaustion. "Are the teenagers of our generation really so desperate and sexually frustrated?" she groaned into her hands. 

"They're just horny, Riles. You're gonna have to deal with it," I laughed and shrugged. 

"No, I won't. I'm rooming with Allison," she pointed out. Way too innocent for her good. 

"And what if she chooses to room with Mason?" I arched an eyebrow at her. 

"Then I'll just have to room with whoever, it doesn't matter. It's just for the nights," she shrugged. 

"Not if they choose the most popular method so far," I paused, waiting to see if she'd get it. 

"No!" she groaned, "They are not considering picking chits, please no!" she screamed into her pillow while I chuckled. 

"I hope I get you, your reaction would be so priceless," I laughed. Her screaming stopped and she immediately turned to me with a death glare. 

"I will kill you." She that so seriously that I genuinely got scared for a second. I sighed before continuing, 

"You're not as sly as you think you are. I know you put up a tough front and try being mean like you hate everyone and everything around you, but I know that's not true. And whether you admit it or not, you are thrilled to be going on this trip because you want to see that tower. Stop lying." I shrugged.