Chapter five

Chapter five: (Riley's POV)

"Come on in," my dad patted his shoulder while stepping aside and letting him in. I stand at the end of the stairs, with an exhausted look on my face while his eyes lock with mine. He smirked as he gave me an amused look. "So, will you be going on that trip to Paris?" my dad asked as he got them both a glass of water. 

"I will indeed, thank you," he replied as he took the glass of water. 

"Well then, you better take care of my daughter, you've known her the longest," he smiled. 

"Dad, I can take care of myself." I groaned while staying rooted to my spot. I raised my eyebrows expectantly as Asher walked up to me. 

"I took your notes down." He handed the annotations sheet in front of me. 

"I don't need another copy, just keep it." I shrugged as he sighed. 

"You're going to get in trouble for giving me the answers," he gave me a pointed look. 

"So pretend like you never got a copy and re-write my notes on the new copy you get." Does he not use his brain? 

"How rude! You think I'd lie to my respected teachers?" he smirked at me. 

"I'm pretty sure you have many times, not just in third grade. Did you come here for this?" I looked down at the copy. 

He shook his head, "It was just a chance to annoy you," he shrugged. 

Asshole. 

"Great. Bye now." I placed my hands on his chest and began pushing him towards the door. 

"So eager!" he teased while laughing as his back hit my front door. "See you later," he winked before opening the door and leaving. 

"Oh my god, I hate him!" I yelled before sprinting up the stairs and into my room. I grabbed my pajamas and went into my bathroom, taking a shower before stepping out into my room in a pair of shorts and a full-sleeved t-shirt with my towel in a hat on my head. 

I stood in front of my mirror before getting rid of the towel and brushing my hair through. I grabbed my bag and got all the homework, sitting on my bed to finish it earlier so I had the rest of the day free. 

English, great. I wrote the summary and answered the comprehension questions before putting it away and deciding to begin packing. I grabbed my suitcase from under my bed and placed it open on my bed. 

I opened my closet, sighing as I checked for clothes to take. I grabbed my phone and checked the weather, it was clear for the most part. 

I'll take a little bit of the basics. I started by packing my bottoms. Shorts, leggings, and some jeans and joggers. Then my t-shirts. Tank tops, graphic tees, and off-shoulders. Socks were followed by one pair of shoes and some sandals. That was one side. 

On the other side came all my undergarments, pajamas and space for toiletries. I was pretty much done with my packing except for the toiletries which I would pack tomorrow after school. 

I sighed, zipped it up and placed it in a corner of my room before going downstairs to get something to eat. I went downstairs and grabbed a packet of chips before sitting on the couch, watching tv. 

"You excited about Paris? You've wanted to go since forever, honey!" my mom spoke in a cheery voice as she sat down beside me. 

"Not with my class but I'm excited nonetheless." I gave her a small smile. By 'my class' I mean Asher. I've kind of spent the whole day trying to figure out what he has in mind but I haven't been able to come up with a logical answer and he's a very logical person.