March - Fanfic/Fanart inspo

Mulai dari awal

As the night was finally falling upon the ship, she emptied her bottle in one last mouthful of rum and, pretending to want more for the rest of the night, she turned on her heels. Her hat shadows were dancing on her face when her lavender eyes looked towards the upper desk and saw Captain Otsutsuki and his right arm busy drinking. They were so drunk they didn't noticed that one part of the crew wasn't here.

With her fake heavy footsteps, Hinata left her observation spot and walked through the crowd of pirates who were still having fun instead of organising the mutiny. As soon as she arrived here, she had heard that a man called Kiba Inuzuka wanted to take Toneri's place and she wasn't going to stop the young brunette in doing so. In the contrary, she had encouraged him because, when he will lead the rebels in the battle, she will be able to vanish without having the attention on her.

But before all of that, she had to go down the multi-decks.

As soon as she closed the door of the galion inside, the party atmosphere of earlier faded away and silence was heavier on her shoulder. She had to hurry. Moistening her lips, she put down her empty bottle and thrust her hand into her trousers pocket. The key ring she had stolen from Toneri got out of it and she walked towards the cells, enlightened by a lantern.

Gradually as she walked into the galleon's depth, the wooden hull was cracking louder and louder and the darkness was becoming thicker and thicker, narrowing her sight and sharpening her senses. Her harsh breathing made her chest heavier and made her hands sweaty. Impatience and fear that the cells could be empty knotted her stomach. Or maybe, it was the anticipation of seeing him again that made her feel like that. "Bullshit!"

Now that she was in front of the cells' door, she took a deep breath and entered the key into the lock.

That's right! It was out of the question that she let herself fall in his trap again because of his eyes so blue that they could challenge the ocean. She wasn't the weak sailor he had taken under his care years ago. She was now a woman with ambitions to fulfill once she had took back her tresor.

Without trembling, she pushed the creaking door until it was against the wall which was nothing but the underwater part of the galleon's hull. At Hinata feet, one last stairs appeared and, with a firm step, she went down the first stair, letting the cold and the humidity of the room penetrate her bones. The deepest she went, the higher she raised her lantern in order to see around her but there was only empty cells and the only audible noises were the rat squeaks.

Hinata's throat tightened. So he wasn't here? She had done all of that for nothing? However, before her last sparkle of hope diseaper, a metallic clatter created a shiver along her spine.

"I've spent so many nights with my nose against your breasts that I'm now capable of recognise your parfum anywhere."

His deep husky voice made the beats of her heart painful while memories of these very nights where their naked skins had caressed the other flashed before her eyes. Blinking several times to push them out of her mind, Hinata came close to the last cell, hidden behind barrels of rum.

There, she discovered two red eyes she knew too well piercing through the darkness until she raised her lantern. Then the flame light enlightened a pirate with worn clothes, in bad shape and with his ankles and waists chained to his cell's bars. He was the one she desperately looked for: Naruto Uzumaki aka Kyubi.

"Hey beautiful" he greeted with this signature smile. "You came to keep me company? I'm not going to complain because, fuck, despite those horrible clothes - hope they aren't your lover's, eh? - you're even more beautiful that the last time we saw each other. Also, a little of your warmth won't hurt, it's a bit cold in here-"

Without thinking, she took her pistol from her belt and aimed it at him, her face expressionless.

"Oh, I see. You still bear a grudge against me."

"Where is my chest?" she interrogated as she armed her pistol.

"Chest? What chest?" he repeated, slightly tilting his head to one side.

"The one you took from me before leaving me on your fucking island."

"You mean... The island you tried to loot?"

A glint of hesitation waved in her lavender gaze which made him smile again. His blonde head leaned back against the bars, showing her that he wasn't impressed by her threatening pistol.

"That's what I thought." he whispered. "Let's not forget it's you who started this little game of cat and mouse." he added as he looked to the ceiling through his blonde locks.

In front of a confident Naruto, Hinata tightened her grip on the gunstrock of her weapon.

"I was starving when it happened and I won't apologise for it!" she exclaimed.

Was she trying to justify herself? Her teeth clenched. She mustn't fall in his trap! She pushed away the feelings her heart started to feel again.

"Tell me where is my chest you stole from me or I'll kill right away and I'll let your corpse as food for your rat compagnons."

"Ouch, my heart is bleeding." he pretended before looking at her again with his hypnotic eyes, both blue again. "You only found me for your baubles? I thought you were here for me-"

"Naruto!"

"Okey, okey. Let's make a deal." he propose as he tried to sat as straight as he could with the chains holding him back. "If you get me out of here - I have to be alive, otherwise you'll never found what you're looking for, obviously - I'll tell you where I hid you chest. Pretty equitable, isn't it?"

"And as soon as you're free and I have my chest, we won't see each other ever again, right?" she asked as she frowned.

Once again, they gaze found each other.

"Only to cross swords once in a while" he smirk. "Like true good pirates" he added with no sign of lie in his eyes.

More than surprised, Hinata lowered her weapon. Did he just tell her that he was seeing her as his rival? Him who took her under his care for so long was seeing her now as his equal? Despite her will, it brought back the sentiment of relief she had deep down when she saw he was still alive. Yes, he had a few more scares but he didn't lost his playful look and his charisma.

He was still the man she admired and that, she refused to confess it to him because she didn't know if she could trust him until the end since he was both Naruto and Kyubi. "Shit!" There she was, torn between two part of herself even though she had done everything to be able to not hesitate in front of him.

Putting her pistol back in her belt, she took out the key ring of her pocket. Hopeful and impatient, Naruto started to wiggle before freezing.

"A couple more days in this environment won't kill, right? Great." she answered before him. "I'll then take the time to think about your deal."

It was now her turn to smile as she moved away from him, taking the small amount of light with her.

"Hinata wait!" he called for her several time but there nothing he could do about it.

She closed the door behind her anyway and Naruto sighed. He had to say: that woman had character. That's why he fell in love with her.

I hope March is good with you so far ^^