Chapter 10 - Waiting

Hey people, I’m back! Fall break is finally here, and I totally needed it ;) I have more time for you guys! So please Comment, Vote and Fan, but mostly Comment and Fan… :D no I’m just kidding. Enjoy xx

***************************************************************************

***************1 year later***************

Bailey’s POV

My heart thudded and sweat dripped down my face as I vaguely heard a booming voice trying to finish the rest of the announcement, yet my thoughts continued drifting away as I looked around into the crowd, only recognizing Ronda, Marcus and Tom as they smiled encouragingly at Bell and I, as we were standing next to each other, all of the 80 kids crammed together on the black stage. Impatiently we waited for the principal, Mr. Whitehead, to stop talking and step away from the podium, and just as I was about to get restless from all the wait, I heard the words I had yearned to hear for the last twelve years and saw the navy blue square-shaped hats fly into the air, the tassels all whipping around wildly as I hugged Bell tightly, overcome with joy as I replayed Whitehead’s words.

“CONGRATULATE THE CLASS OF 2012!”

***************1 day later***************

Today was the day. Today was the day that I got to see them all again, that we got to see them all again, and it’s no wondering that she felt the same; jumpy, restless and hungry.

“We are going to be so fat before the boys come, we’ll have to roll out of the house to pick them up!” I joked and Bell laughed, setting her tub of ice cream on the side and rolling off the couch with a loud thud and a groan.

“Yeah, and they’ll be like ‘Who ware these fat people chasing us?’” she laughed and I joined her, sitting down next to her on the floor and rolling my tub into the kitchen. We were in my living room, simply waiting for them to call us that they were there. Over the past year, Bell and I had changed; Bell’s normally straight, blond hair was darker now and wavy, but it flowed down to her waist nonetheless. My brunette hair had a few strands died blond with some red highlights and it actually looked pretty cool, despite all the different colors and tones.

“I can’t wait to see Zayn and find out if he’s holding up! Maybe he, you know, found a girl or something,” I suggested and Bell nodded before grinning wide and I could guess who she really wanted to see.

“And Liam! Oh my gosh, I’m getting giddy from excitement!” she exclaimed and I grinned at her, shaking my head mockingly. It was only a few weeks into our senior year when I found out about her crush on Liam and she found out about the Zayn thing, and ever since then we are inseparable.

“And, there’s one more thing,” I stated and Bell looked at me, confused. “We just GRADUATED!” I screamed and Bell whooped, fist pumping and jumping up to do a little dance. I joined her and soon we were dancing stupidly, laughing at our own retardedness and singing, terribly must I say, at the top of our lungs to the songs that blasted from the radio, which I had just switched on. After a few songs, though, we tired out and sat back down, me turning the radio off as I went to chase after my ice cream once again.  I grabbed and viciously dug my spoon into the cold food, laughing evily as Bell chuckled and switched on the TV, pressing the buttons wildly and cheering when Friends came on. Yes, you could definitely say we were hyper.

Bell’s POV

I couldn’t help but smile as I snuggled into the couch and watched the new episode of Friends with Bailey, all the while the most prominent thought swirling around my mind. ‘Liamliamliamliamliam’.