Hawaii

Out of curiosity, I opened the drawer and saw a photo album. It was pictures from Chaeyoung and me during high school.  Even pictures of Lisa were there. Is this why Lisa and Chaeyoung were surprised to see me that day? Because I was Jennie? 

Have my parents been lying to me? Sooyoung lied to me about my past. Tears were streaming down my face as my heart hurt. I haven't even seen a single photo of Sooyoung and me before. Not even a wedding photo, date photos, and here it all was, with Chaeyoung. 

I left and stared at the double doors beside Chaeyoung's room. My hands were sweating as I reached for the handle. I opened the door and gasped again—the sticky notes in my dream. No wonder I felt a familiar atmosphere when I got inside the mansion. 

Was this the reason why I wasn't allowed by my parents to return to Korea? But why did Sooyoung agree? 

Maybe because Jisoo never met Chaeyoung. 

I walked around and stared at the words placed on the sticky notes. It was all loving letters from Chaeyoung. 

I'll always smile when I think about you.

Your soft touch, your gummy smile, your gentle laugh.

You made my heart flutter; you caught me in a way 

I'll always remember

~~~

Nothing better to do 

Than sit and look at you

so when we are not together 

It won't be hard to remember 

~~~

There are some things that I am grateful for,

and you are one of them 

I stopped reading as I looked down and balled my fists out of anger. Why would they lie to me? Even Chaeyoung lied to me. Just why?

"Love?" A voice startled me from behind, and it was Chaeyoung, who could barely keep her eyes open. She walked closer and held me in her embrace. 

"Park Chaeyoung, why didn't you tell me?" I sobbed. 

"Let's go to sleep." She says, and we walk back to her room. Our room. 

She gently pushed me onto the bed and went on top of me. My heart was beating so fast as our faces were only inches away. Despite her being drunk, she was staring at me lovingly. All those painful, longing stares were all for me. 

Her thumb reaches my cheek. "Love, why are you crying?" she asks as she wipes my tears. Slowly, she leaned forward, and I couldn't help but anticipate what would happen. She slowly kisses me on the lips. This time, I kissed back. 

This might help me remember.

I started to wrap my arms around her as we both kissed. I can feel her heartbeat. Despite the thoughts in my head right now. All I know is that kissing her felt so right. I felt her smile. She places a hand on my waist and breaks away. 

"Jennie, I'm sorry. Please don't leave me. It hurts seeing you have moved on with someone." She breaks as she stares at me. 

My mind was a mess. 

She gently showers me with kisses. I let her do her thing as I thought of a way to calm my raging mind. The pain in my heart was unbearable and could not be ignored. Just what am I supposed to do?

She lets a breath and settles for a comfortable position. She hugged me, and I buried deep into her neck and inhaled her faint scent. She caresses my back lovingly. "I love you," She says before passing out again. 

Tears continued to stream down my face. I need to go back to New York. This doesn't seem right. I have a wife. 

=====

I woke up late hehehehehe. 

How ya'll feel today?