Chapter 6 I Want to Meet Her

Začít od začátku

"Well,I didn't say anything." She raised her eyebrows as she threw Ally a smile. A cynical smile. Lauren always loved to tease Ally because she got flustered so easily. Don't take it the wrong way, Lauren really loved Ally. She was not bullying her, she was only teasing her. Actually, she did realize that Ally did not look so good. She looked gloomy, but Lauren did not want to ask as she knew Ally would want to be ready when she wanted to tell them about it.

"OH SHOOT!" Jessie shrieked. "WE ARE GONNA BE LATE!"

The three of them rushed to the door. Jessie locked the door fast and ran to Lauren and Ally who already left. 'They didn't even wait for me!'

———————————————————————————

"Harry." The black-haired guy, who was fiddling with his finger waiting for the lecturer to come, looked up to see who was patting his shoulder. His hazel eyes that adorned his good-looking face looked straight into his classmate, Austin's sparkly grey eyes.

Do you remember who Austin was? Yes, you are right. She was Lauren's ex-boyfriend. And yes, Harry, the boy who Jessie bumped into the other day and Austin were classmates.

"I'm collecting our microbiology group member's lab reports, can I have yours? I'm gonna submit them to Miss Chloe after this class." Austin said in a casual tone.

Harry took a glance at his digital watch on his left wrist. It showed 10.02. "Sure." He took out the laboratory report and handed it to Austin who was standing before him. Austin stretched his right hand to take the report from Harry's hand while his left hand was holding his other group member's report.

Austin went back to his place and put the lab reports on the table, just to make sure that he did not forget to submit them after class. Putting them in his bag could be catastrophic as he tended to forget easily.

He took out his phone and looked up for Lauren's number in his contact. "Damn, I miss her." He muttered. He tapped on the gallery icon and tapped on a folder that contained a lot of Lauren's photo in it. It seemed like he had not moved on after dumping her. Yes, he regretted his decision.

"Alright, today we are going to have a pop quiz, so please put away you books and your bags. Be ready in 3 minutes." Austin startled as he did not realize that the lecturer was already in the class. He could hear the whole class was complaining and could sense the frustration in their sighs.

"You can start answering as you received the paper. Please submit it to me within 30 minutes. No talking, no cheating. You know the drill. And please, no smartphone, be honest. Those who finish answering earlier than the time provided may go out after submitting the quiz paper to me." Madam Irene, the human biochemistry lecturer reminded her students as she was distributing the paper to the class.

Harry started answering the questions on the paper in a calm manner, unlike the other students whose discontent were written all over their faces. Perhaps, he did some study yesterday and it was a coincidence that they had a quiz on the subject on the following day.

Slowly, one by one student submitted their quiz paper to their lecturer who was standing in front of the class, observing her students answering the question papers. She was one of the most beloved lecturer as she really loved treating her students as her own children. Plus her teaching method was immensely good as her students could easily understand what she taught in the class. She would love to answer questions that were asked by her students into the bargain.

Students who already submitted the paper were allowed to go out, leaving those who were still struggling to answer the quiz. Henry and Austin got up at the same time, they both submitted their papers to Madam Irene and left the classroom together.

"You wanna submit the lab reports now?" Harry asked as he walked alongside Austin.

"Yeah. The last submission is on today." Austin nodded as he responded to Harry's question.

"Can I go with you? I have nothing to do and we still have a lot of time before our next class start."

"Man... Why are you being so polite? You're creeping me out." Austin chuckled as his fist punched Harry's shoulder in a friendly way. It was not the first time that Harry wanted to accompany him. Pretty much almost every time, but Austin never asked him to do so because he would very much do it without even being asked. There were times when he did not go with Austin but Austin was cool. He didn't mind that.

Harry did not respond to what Austin said but instead he gripped Austin shoulder and dragged him, hiding behind one of the wall. His eyes widened and his black pupils that were surrounded by the hazel iris constricted as the iris needed to limit the amount of light that passed through the lens to the retina of his eyes.

Shocked by what he did, Austin couldn't utter a single word and had to follow him unwillingly. "Bro, what the hell?!" He whispered in a grumpy tone. He smoothed out the wrinkles from his shirt on his shoulder. There were deep furrows in his brow, waiting for his friend to explain why he did what he did.

"Who's that? Walking next to your girlfriend? Are they friends? The one with the long, brown hair? Is she from the same faculty too?" Without a warning, Harry threw a lot of questions to Austin, hoping that he would answer all of the questions. He caught a glimpse of the girl who he was referring to while hiding behind the walls.

Austin did not hear the rest of the question after Harry asked the second one. He pushed Harry aside so that he could see who was walking in front of them earlier. It was really Lauren. His eyes sparkled and without realizing that he suddenly smiled looking at her. He saw the three best friends, Jessie, Ally and Lauren walking the opposite direction of them, which meant that they were going to bump into each other.

"WHO'S THAT?" Harry whispered in desperation as Austin did not answer him.

"Who?" Austin was not paying attention earlier. Harry had to repeat his questions.

"Oh, her name is Jessie. Why do you ask?" Austin took a glance at Harry.

"Nothing." He said nonchalantly. 'Jessie...' His lips mumbled her name. "Let's go." Again, he gripped Austin's shoulder and dragged him out of their hiding and walked towards the girls, leaving his T-shirt to wrinkle again.

"What?!" Austin grabbed Harry's hand that was on his shoulder and tried to shove it away but failed to do so. 'What is so he excited about?' Austin saw those girls were looking at both of them and hesitant to walk forward. He evidently saw that Lauren grasped her two friends' wrists with both of her hands and tried to turn back but Harry was already stood before them.

"Hi."

Author's note:

Hello guys! How was it? Was it good? Do you guys love it? I just wanted to tell you guys, on the next chapter, it will be focusing more on the other character and the story took place when Harry and Austin were still in the class, doing their quizzes.

So basically, on this chapter, it focused more on Harry and Austin, and on the next chapter it focuses more on the other character.

But fear not, this and next chapter will link together in another chapter, so please keep reading it!!♥️♥️

Please vote and comment. Let me know what and how should I improve my writings. Thank you for reading my story! I hope you guys enjoyed and liked it♥️♥️