lost without a home ➳ jughead jones

requested by Shannon1300. I'm so sorry for the long wait! and yes, I didn't use your prompts, but I still really hope you like it x

don't mind my subtle Tangled reference, I simply had to.

. . .

Archie didn't mean to uncover Jughead's big secret. A quick search for his best mate, that's all it was. He hadn't expected to find the beanie-clad boy there in a furrow of blankets in the Drive-In, he hadn't anticipated for Jughead to swear him to secrecy, and he hadn't prepared for your tears once he'd accidentally let it slip.

But a race to the Drive-In it became, your desperate rush and the redhead's helpless following after. And voilà, there he was—your boyfriend in all his homeless glory, a shivering, starving burrito of blankets. His eyes meet yours in a panic, and with a groan he turns to Archie. "Y'know, you really suck at keeping secrets."

Archie lifts a shoulder, drops it down again with an apologetic smile. "Sorry, man. I, uh, guess I'll leave you guys to it."  He's quick to leave, hand moving in a wave as he goes.

You plop right beside Jug, hands unsure of their movements as he shifts, arms wrapping around his knees as he draws himself to a seated position.

"Baby... why didn't you tell me?" You take his hands in your own, warm meets cold through entwined fingers. He's cold—so cold, and you wonder why you hadn't seen it before. "If only I'd known, I would have done something, I— I'd have helped you with everything going on with your dad, your mum..."

He turns away from you now, shrugging his shoulders. "I don't know. I guess I thought if I told you, I'd be admitting the 'ugly truth.' I mean, a homeless guy with a deadbeat dad in prison, a little sister and runaway mum in Toledo? Not exactly 'boyfriend material'. And maybe I thought—" Jughead sighs, eyes finally meeting yours— "I thought you wouldn't want to be with me anymore if I told you."

Your arms wrap around him now, pulling him into an embrace with a pressed kiss to his beanie. "Jug, your being homeless could never change how I feel about you. I love you, always and forever. You know that, right?"

His nod isn't enough; you slip your fingers under his chin, lifting it to murmur, "Right?"

So he smiles, warm and real and bright. "Right."

Your voice is still a soft murmur as you return his smile. "Now let me kiss you properly."

"Yes, ma'am."

He leans in but you're already there, bridging the gap between your lips. Soft and slow, gentle and caressing. It's tender, but it's exactly what he needs. The kiss is ended as you draw away, giggling as his lips follow yours. "You can stay with me."