Chapter 3: News

The moment Min Sana knew of her pregnancy, she felt an immense happiness like never before. The thought of carrying a life within her was so magical, and the knowledge that the father of her child was the one she loved added to the joy. She had found a new purpose in life: To do everything in her power to protect and provide for her unborn.

She started by rummaging through trash cans looking for bottles to sell. After a month, she finally saved enough money to hire a service in the black market to help her make fake identity documents. As if blessed with a streak of luck, she soon found a job at a local coffee shop. Moreover, after learning of her poor condition, the kind old couple who owned it even offered to let her rent their basement with a very low price. All of her coworkers were also very friendly and understanding. Min Sana was content with her current situation. She was hoping that everything would go smoothly, at least until the days she gave birth. However, it wasn't that simple.

They saw each other again for the first time in 3 months at the coffee shop she worked at. Seeing the man she loved made her heart skipped a beat, but she didn't make any attempt to greet him because his girlfriend was there. Besides, while she acknowledged that he would always occupy a special place in her heart, each of them had their own life now and it was time to move on.

Later that day, after Min Sana closed down the store and was about to go home, she was suddenly stopped by Taehyung - who was outside alone, waiting for her.

- "Tae..."

- "Are you pregnant?"

She was surprised when he got straight to questioning without even exchanging any pleasantries.

- "Well... Yes..."

- "Is it mine?"

Min Sana looked down, trying to avoid his eyes. Even though she didn't want to give him any trouble, he deserved to know.

- "Yes..."

- "Go to the doctor. Abort it."

Her head immediately shot up in disbelief, only to be met with his stoic expression. It was as if the warm and gentle man she fell in love with was replaced by a cold, heartless lookalike.

- "No..."

It was the first time she denied Taehyung's request and her whole body was shaking from a mixture of sadness, disappointment and anger.

- "Is it about money? I can give you..."

- "No!" - She repeated, this time more forcefully. - "I don't need your money, nor do I expect anything else from you. I'll take care of my baby on my own."

- "Don't be stupid." - He scowled. - "Do you know how hard it is to raise a child? You can't even take care of yourself."

She clenched her fists so hard that her knuckles turned white, as tears started to form in her eyes upon hearing his harsh words. It was true... but she was trying her best so her heart was shattered when he put her down like that.

- "Sana, just listen to me." - His voice soften a bit. - "I don't want to hurt you, but you can't give birth to... that thing. Come on, if you don't want to go alone, I can send someone to accompany you..."

- "D...don't... don't you dare!" - At this point, she was sobbing uncontrollably. No, this man wasn't Taehyung. The one she loved would never be so cruel to his own unborn. He was a disgusting imposter.

- "GET AWAY FROM ME!" - She screamed. His face instantly paled.

- "You don't have to be so loud..." - He looked around to see if her voice attracted any unwanted attention.

- "If you don't leave now, I'll be even louder." - She gritted her teeth.

- "Okay okay, I'll go. But please think about..."

- "LEAVE!"