CHAPTER EIGHT

- Flashback -

"No, do it again. Like this." 13-year-old Ben Solo stood in front of a 12-girl holding a light blue lightsaber. The dark-haired boy swiped at the air with his own lightsaber. The girl mimicked his movement. The boy grinned.

"Yeah! Just like that!" He praised. The girl smiled back, gold eyes shining with joy at learning the new movement.

Sol had been training at Luke's academy with 5 other students for 3 months. Since she had met the dark-haired boy, they had been nearly inseparable. They spent most of their time talking or training together. Luke hadn't become aware of how close their relationship actually was.

"Ben?" 12-year-old Sol piped up shutting off her saber and setting it down on the small metal bench. The dark-haired boy looked towards her.

"Yes?"

"Do you think I will pass Luke's test?" Sol asked wiping away the hair that had stuck to her face with sweat. Luke required them to take a small test to level up in their training. Sol had been training for weeks. Unlike many of the other students, she wasn't as talented with a blade as they were. She had failed the first time she took the test.

"I think if you stick to what I have taught you, you will be fine." He said with an uneasy smile. Sol frowned.

"Is something bothering you, Ben?"

Ben shook his head. "I am going home for a couple of days to spend time with my family before my dad leaves again."

"Oh." Sol knew about Ben's predicament with his family. He would complain about his home life occasionally. Sol would have to remind him that he was fortunate to have a home with a roof over his head. He would nod his head in agreement and not talk about the situation any longer.

"I'll be waiting here. I always will be for you." Sol reached back down and grabbed her lightsaber.

"What if you came with me?" Ben suddenly suggested.

"Are you sure? You said this was for family time, I don't want to get in the way of-"

The dark-haired boy rolled his eyes.

"Family time? Please, it's just torture on my end. It would be much more bearable if you were there." He spoke honestly. Sol gnawed on her lip, deep in thought.

"I suppose if Luke's okay with it and your family is too." She said looking back up at him. Ben beamed.

"I'll talk to Luke tonight!" He said twirling his saber. "In the meantime, you need to train."

---------------

Luke's red ship landed on the platform of Ben's home in Hanna City, Chandrila. Sol could hardly take everything in. There where so many lights and big skyscrapers. She had grown up in a small city that was mostly in poverty. This was so much different. Once Luke had parked the ship, Ben jumped out, a small bag carrying his clothes slung over his shoulder. Sol followed him taking her own bag with her.

"This place is so cool!" Sol gasped, eyes wide. Ben shrugged not to bothered by the familiar space. Two adutls came walking out of the building. One was a young woman wearing a beautiful blue gown her hair put up an intricate updo. She had her hands clasped in front of her and a warm smile on her face. Beside her, a handsome man dressed casually. He had the same messy hair as Ben. Sol could see the resemblance between the adults and Ben. They must have been his mother and father. As they got closer the man handsome man came forward and ruffled Ben's hair.