"You're really not gonna talk to me, are you?" She asked him. "That's because you have no idea what you're talking about," he finally said to her. "But I do. You're hiding from yourself, not me. You have feelings, whether you like 'em or not, Alec," she told him. Wren sighed quietly, she did not want to be present during this sibling squabble.

The three came to a rusty looking ladder. "This is not the time or the place, Izzy," Alec said as he began climbing up. "I don't know. Looks pretty smooth so far," she said. She then looked at the blonde girl. "You go first, I'll watch the back," Isabelle said. Wren nodded and began climbing up the ladder.

Once Isabelle had climbed up, the three carefully began making their way through the building. The Shadowhunters tactically scanned the area as they moved. They came to a door. "This must be the way," Isabelle said before grabbing the door's handle and pulling it open. The group of vampires that were on the other side of the door looked up.

Wren's eyes widened as the vampires came running toward them. Alec and Isabelle quickly slammed the door closed and leaned against it as the vampires tried to break through. "Well, not that smooth," Isabelle said as Alec fumbled for the stele in his pocket. "Any day now," the brunette girl rushed. "Yeah, if you hold the door still, it might be a lot easier," Alec retorted.

Wren moved forward and pushed her body against the door to help keep it closed. She tried to use whatever strength Isabelle was sure she had. "See, you got this," the brunette told her as Alec attempted to draw a rune on the door. "It's not taking," Alec told them.

Isabelle took the seraph blade from Alec's quiver and pushed off of the door. She walked over to a pipe and briskly slashed it, catching it once it was cut. She returned to the two and slid the pipe through the door handle to keep the door closed. Wren and Alec moved away from the door.

"Whoever said, 'The pen is mightier than the sword,' was an idiot," Isabelle said as she began walking away from the door. Wren quickly followed behind her. "When you're right, you're right," Alec said, following behind the two. They stopped a little bit away from the door, the blonde opting to stand behind them.

"Do you think they know where we are?" Isabelle asked with a wide smile. The vampires were using all of their might to break through the door. Wren watched as it jumped every so often. "That's the idea, right?" Alec replied. The door opened enough for a clawed hand to stick through, it frantically moving to remove the object obstructing the door.

Wren's breathing picked up. "I can do this, I can do this," she whispered to herself. Who was she kidding? She was going to die. She knew they should've just called the police instead of tracking Clary's phone to that stupid not-so-rundown church. "How long do you think we have to distract them for?" Alec asked his sister. "Ten more minutes," she responded.

"Ten minutes? Are you kidding? We're liquid lunch in five," Alec replied, pulling out an arrow and notching it into his bow. "So we are gonna die," Wren said aloud.

"Nobody's going to die, Wren. We need to distract them. So let's distract them," Isabelle said. "So let's distract them," Alec repeated, readying his bow with the arrow pointed at the ground. The hand grabbed onto the pipe that was keeping him and his comrades in.

"You better get ready," Isabelle said. Wren wasn't sure if the brunette was talking to her or her brother but either way, the blonde pulled the flame-bladed sword from its sheath and held it up. Both of her hands were wrapped tightly around the hilt. Alec lifted his bow and aimed it at the door.