CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR. THE LOST AND THE FOUND

"SERIOUSLY DUDE, CHANGE YOUR GLASSES PRESCRIPTION."

⟡⟡⟡⟡

⟡⟡⟡⟡

Wren had attempted to call Clary many times that night but to no avail. The redhead hadn't picked up once nor had she answered any of her text messages. Wren had left Clary yet another voicemail before deciding to call Jocelyn. She hadn't picked up either. And neither did Dot.

The blonde did her best to remain calm and not think the worst. It was really late. They were probably all just sleeping. Yeah, they were sleeping. Wren bit her lip and clenched her fists. She rolled over onto her side and readjusted the comforter on her body. Clary's fine. She got home safely and is sleeping. I'll call her when I wake up.

But when Wren had called in the morning, she still received no answer from either Fray nor from Dot.

Wren made her way into the kitchen where her mom was eating her third granola bar. "You could make actual food, you know," Wren said with a smile. "No time, gotta get to the restaurant," her mother replied. "Mom, it's right across the street, you don't need to rush," the younger blonde continued as she opened the fridge.

"Well I like to be punctual, sue me," Helena said, standing up. "Hey, have you heard from Mrs. Fray today?" Wren asked. Helena looked over at her. "No, why?" She asked. "I haven't been able to get ahold of her or Clary," Wren explained. "They're probably just doing something for Clary's birthday. No cellphones, you know how Jocelyn gets sometimes," Helena replied.

That made sense. Wren was worrying for nothing. "Yeah, you're probably right," Wren said. Helena sent her a smile before grabbing her bag. "Alright, I'll see you later." She walked past her daughter and out of the door. Wren breathed out a sigh. "Clary is fine," she assured herself.

A few hours later, a knock sounded on her door. Wren exited her bedroom and walked through her apartment to the front door. She looked through the peephole before opening the door. "What're you doing here?" She asked. Simon entered the apartment and she closed the door behind him. "Have you heard from Clary?" He asked her.

Wren shook her head. "No," she replied. "I'm worried," Simon continued. Wren shrugged, "My mom thinks that Clary and her mom are doing birthday things. Phones off or something." Simon was shaking his head, "If that were the case, don't you think she would've called or texted us telling us that so we wouldn't worry?"

Wren shrugged again. "Maybe, maybe not. I don't know what Clary would or wouldn't do," she said. "Yeah you do, and she would've texted us," Simon retorted. "Is this why you came here, to make me even more worried about Clary?" The blonde asked. "So you do think something's up?" He questioned and she gave him an annoyed look.