"Okay," was all Alec said. "'Okay?' It was hard work interrogating Meliorn to get this intel," she said to him. "Great job, Izzy," Alec said with fake enthusiasm and and a fake smile. He dropped the smile and his same monotonous voice came back. "You have faerie dust on your dress." He walked past her before continuing, "And I hate being the distraction."

"I don't," Isabelle said back. She then looked at Wren's side. "A sword? What kind?" She asked. "Alec called it a flame-bladed sword," Wren replied. "Ah, the perfect definition of pretty and deadly. That's perfect for you," Isabelle said with a smile. Wren fought the blush that threatened to come to her cheeks at the compliment. "What makes you think I'm deadly?"

Isabelle shrugged, "I don't know. You just have a sort of fire in your eyes." Wren shook her head with a light laugh. "I can assure you, Isabelle, I do not," she said. "You can call me Izzy, you know." The brunette then returned her attention to her brother. "You know, you'd be a lot happier if you weren't so freaking repressed," she said, not caring that Wren was there to hear this. She probably wouldn't know what she was talking about anyway.

The boy didn't respond to her at all. "Alec? Hello?" She called to him. He still didn't say anything and just continued forward. Isabelle turned back to Wren and beckoned her to follow her. The blonde nodded and followed behind the brunette.

"It was probably a bad idea for me to come with, right? I should've stayed at the Institute. This is the real deal. I could die tonight," Wren was saying.

"Relax, you'll be fine. We won't let you die," Isabelle said. "I think your brother would have no problem letting me die," Wren retorted. Isabelle thought it over for a moment. "I won't let you die," she corrected with a chuckle. Wren shook her head and turned around to make sure they weren't being followed or anything.

"I don't even know how to use this thing," she went on, lifting her hip slightly when referencing the sword. "Alec didn't teach you basics?" Isabelle asked.

"He said to slice and not stab. That's it," the blonde answered.

Isabelle sighed, "Since you're not exactly trained, make sure you use both hands for more strength. You might be able to chop off a head or two."

"Alec said this sword won't kill them," Wren pointed out. "It won't if you stab. So don't do that," Isabelle said. "I don't think I'm strong enough to actually decapitate someone," Wren told her. "You're not," Alec deadpanned.

Wren scowled up at him. "Thanks for the vote of confidence, Alec," the blonde retorted, a glare directed at the back of his head. Isabelle gripped Wren's bicep and squeezed.

Wren pulled her arm away. "The hell are you doing?" She asked the brunette incredulously. "Do you work out? You feel like you work out," Isabelle said, ignoring her question. "Uh, I mean, yeah—" Isabelle cut her off, "How's your core strength, any good?" Wren opened her mouth but no words came out. She didn't know how to respond. "Wren, core strength," Isabelle repeated.

"Yeah, I mean, yeah," she sputtered. "Hmm." Isabelle looked thoughtful for a moment. "I think you'll be fine," she said. "Yeah, if she stays behind us and let's us do the fighting," Alec said. "Don't be an ass, big brother," Isabelle told him. He didn't reply to her. "Hello? Alec?" He continued to ignore her and she laughed.

Wren could feel the tension and grew uncomfortable. "So, this is the way to the Vampire Inn?" She asked, breaking the silence. Alec groaned. "It's called the Hotel DuMort," Isabelle corrected. "Same difference," Wren responded. Isabelle returned her attention to her brother. "Alec," she tried again. No response.