Chapter 26: Those 'Evil Shits'

Începe de la început

Unconsciously, I pinched myself to see if I was dead or asleep because Otis seemed almost tolerant of us. And accommodating. The pinch of pain on my arm snapped me into realizing, I am well and alive.

"So why'd you have Callum leave? He won't have heard us."

He grinned, "The kid was always a punk so it was good to see him struggle. Plus he was my most loyal hunter and I expected him to at least try to come back or kill one of you in an attempt to do so, but no he fell in love. I should have a pound of his flesh removed for betraying us."

Yup, there's the psycho hunter I was waiting for.

"You actually shouldn't." I rushed out and when he quirked a brow I went on, "He did try to escape but I caught him and tied him to a tree and..." my voice lowered dangerously, "if you hurt him, I'll hurt you before you could kill me."

"You threatening me little one?" He snarled.

"No, I'm promising you, old man," I stated.

His eyes assessed me, "You love him, don't you."

"I didn't come all the way here to paint nails and talks about my feelings with you." I snapped as my patience was running thin, "I meant what I said, I have a proposition for you."

But of course, he didn't focus his attention on that. Oh, boomers...

"I'm actually surprised you haven't asked me why I didn't order my men to have you all killed when you showed up."

I can't the question didn't cross my mind, but I made up an answer for myself.

"I assumed you either probably wanted to kill us yourself or you wanted to have a conversation before you killed us, a few parting words maybe. Or maybe because Callum was a part of the hunters and you wanted to see what was happening. Who cares, the point is, you didn't." I rolled my eyes.

"Not yet." He smirked, "It's was actually Jane."

"Jane?" I sputtered out in bewilderment.

"Despite being a... one of you," He waved his hand around, "she's tolerable most days. Your father told her and she told me that you were heading my way. Her words were 'don't you dare lay a finger on my great grandbaby or else she'll have my funeral moved up on the calendar'."

"Sounds like Jane," I muttered as I wrapped my head around the fact that Jane and Otis might have a thing for each other.

What the fuck?

"So you and Jane are-"

"No." He shut me down way too quickly. I smirked and he glared at me. "The point is, this feud between the hunters and werewolves have been a pain in the ass. It made me lose my son and grandson and I won't wait around to see it happen again. You understand me?"

Nodding I said, "I know what you mean."

"But that doesn't mean whatever silly request you're about to give me will work. If you expect me to let this war go then you need to lay something solid on the table. The only thing I could think of that would make those people outside let any of this go is the see your head on the table... and I don't mean being attached to your body."

I didn't flinch. I didn't budge. I don't think I even blinked.

I expected as much and was willing to give up whatever it took.

"Before you go on, tell me what help you need." He said.

Sighing I let go of the sliver of pride I held, "I need your help protecting my pack."