Ruined XV

That same night, Daehwi helped his mother to pack their belongings. He always keep his promise, even going to an unfamiliar place because of a failed exam.

"Love," His mother called after the long silent of them just putting their belongings at their bags.

"You don't have to explain things mom, I keep my words." He replied bitterly.

"Listen Daehwi" His mother called, pulling the both of them on her bed. "I'm not doing this for myself. Please understand that I'll be doing this for you. We'll doing this for you."

Daehwi frowns, "But we're doing well on our own"

His mother smiled bitterly. "We are not sweetie. You're not."

He takes often, frowning deeply. "I am doing well mom, my other scholarships are still gonna work"

"Exactly." She took his hand on her own. "This rankings, this scholarships and the thinking that you always have to be the best becomes toxin that consumes your mind. I'm glad, I'm very proud of all the achievements you accomplished but baby, it's okay that you failed sometimes. Your still so so young yet you're so independent and mature, I j-just, I just miss having you cling on me. And I'm sorry you can't do that anymore because I'm not someone you can rely on"

"M-Mom... " by now, both of them have already tears on their eyes.

" I don't want you to burry yourself on books when you can be playing your piano, or writing music on your free time. I know you still love doing that. So I'm asking you to trust me on this. If things still can't put a smile on your face, we'll go back here, I'm gonna work extra hard and I'll make sure you'll only play your pia-"

"Mom wait. P-please wait." Daehwi interrupted, clenching on his mother's hands. "I don't want that." He cried, angry tears flowing down his cheeks. "I don't want to go back here just to have you almost giving everything for me. There's much more other way where we don't have to do this but I'll trust you mom. So please, don't sacrifice for me anymore. I'll be a good, much better son."

"You're already the best." His mother smiled.

-

After saying goodbyes to his friends, crying, promise of always getting in contact, and more crying, Daehwi stood waiting for their flight. His close friends, Woojin, Jihoon, Samuel, Seonho and Kuanlin, patiently waiting with him with teary eyes.

"Are we really gonna sulk here?" Daehwi asked, amused with the silence.

"What? Do you want us to hide you at Kuanlin's home because I'm willing to do that." Woojin replied, still not wanting to let go of his best friend who's more of a little brother to him.

Daehwi rolled his eyes, "God Woojin, It's not like I'm not going back."

"How would I know?" the older complained and before Daehwi could find another remark, he heard the monotonous announcement for his flight.

"I promise I'll be back." He smiled to them five, coolly walking to his mother although sad, bad a call stop him, rather a screaming of his name.

"Daehwi! Wait!"

Daehwi turned around, actually expecting the dramatic arrival of someone, Jinyoung.

"I'm really sorry." Jinyoung panted. "Please, I've talked to them, they can still give you back your scholarship."

Daehwi shook his head, the last call for his flight cuts between their rushed talk. He continued his walk. "Just take care of the first rank, I'll take it back from you." He smiled, living Jinyoung in confusion.

-

Two years has passed, Jinyoung is just an exam away from having his licensed architecture, actually just waiting for the result. He knew he'll pass, but he's afraid of his ranking, now.

"Hey Jinyoung! Congrats for passing the exam and ranking second!" A friends who just passed by congratulated, and he panics. Frantically opening his phone and going to the site for the result. He can't be just second now, he made sure he studied extra hard. He knows that there will be someone who's much smarter than him but he was confident. He made a promise for heaven's sake.

He scrolled to his phone, only for it to be snatched away from his grasp. He almost yelled only to gaped at the person standing before him.

"Hi Bae, miss me?" The person smirked.

"Y-Your back..." He breathed.

He shrugged. "Yep, for like almost a semester long. You're late to the news. Anyways, good job for keeping the first rank. I came to claim it."

Daehwi smirked, proud. And that day, it's not only the rank he claimed, but also the lips of the person he's been searching for, and is in love with since freshman year.

A.N/ So I came to published it. It was already finished long ago it's just that I keep forgetting to open my account. 😭😭

Anyways, don't expect another story. I might quit writing. It's obviously not for me hehehe.