Ruined IV

The next day after exam was a ruckus. If was afternoon and dismissal when students were fighting their way just to see the bulletin board of this semestral rankings. It's normal for this unnecessary trouble but anyone could say that it was fair and acceptable when the ranking changed unbelievably little. The first spot wasn't the name everyone expected and envy. The name that was plastered on it for the whole two years and a half was replaced by a name unfamiliar to most of them.

"Who's Bae Jinyoung?"

Daehwi was just a second out of his rooms when he heard the usual noise outside. He went down to see it himself, expectant and confident. He received his papers and was happy at the results and high scores. But the moment he made his way in front of the bulletin board, his name was typed under his supposedly place. Just what the f
He cursed to himself and look around, trying to find the owner of the name on the first spot.

He found him standing just few feet away from him with a smug smile. Bae Jinyoung, how can he? Daehwi was not petty, he knows this thing would happen eventually but to be beaten by that guy, Daehwi would not believe it. Daehwi listen to his prof carefully, he also studied more a week before the exam and Baejin Jinyoung during those weeks was just messing around. He just transferred a week, he's probably still struggling to understand the lessons cause who wouldn't. He couldn't accept it.

He found himself walking to the direction of the guy, about to confront him but his phone rings angrily having him no choice but to pause and answered it. He hissed at the name, Jiroungie hyung the owner of the cafe he's working on. He's getting late at his  shift. He bit his lips frustrated and maneuver his feet to the direction of the gate. This is just plain bullshit. He heard Jinyoung calling his name but he ignored it. Why now? He mumbled to himself.

He arrived at the cafe, as if the five minutes walk was just nothing. Sighing softly to calm himself before opening the door of that rings as he enters.

"Welcome to- Oh Dae, why are you not answering your phone?" the cafe owner asked.

The cafe doesn't have customer at the moment and that raised an eyebrow from Daehwi. "I thought I was needed so I went straight here, where's the customer?" He asked as he put his bag on one of the tables.

Jisung frown. "Kid, we're throwing a party like always for you getting the first spot.  Minhyun insisted."

Daehwi fidgeted. "About that hyung..." the older just nod and gets back on arranging mugs on the shelf. "I don't think we're partying tonight?" He continued.

"Why? Do you have plan with your friends?" Jisung asked still unaware of the teenager who just wanted to get back at the comfort of his room and rereads the books he's been holding for the past days.

"I wasn't in the first rank." He replied quickly or he'll lose his stable voice as he feel a lump slowly climbing to his throat.

"Then just invite them here. We have-   Wait what?"

Daehwi closed his eyes, clutching at the hem of his olive cardigan, waiting for the disappointment of the other. Jisung was nothing but supportive on his education. He accepted Daehwi on his cafe even when there's better employees who can work full time. He gives Daehwi extra credit when Daehwi did well at his course and if would allowed, Daehwi was sure that Jisung would pay his tuition fee too but Daehwi couldn't go that far. Jisung was more of a mother to him than to his actual one and now he's just a disappointment. He didn't know where he'll work after this nor run to when things got shittier.

Jisung walk at the boy standing in the middle of his cafe. "Oh god Dae, it's okay. Come on stop crying." he said and envelopes the boy between his arms.