She smiled lightly, "Nothing, baby. Don't worry about it."

****

"Is Sean in the shower?" Tahani asked, looking to Kaycee who was laying on her stomach on their shared bed.

"Yeah. He said he was cold from us making him jump in the pool." Kaycee muttered, eyes not straying from her phone screen.

Tahani furrowed her brow, "What's so interesting on your phone, girlfriend?" She threw herself on the bed beside Kaycee, looking over her shoulder.

Kaycee instantly put her phone face down on the bed and shrugged, "Nothing."

"Mhm that's bull." The younger brunette stated, grabbing the phone from the bed and turning it over. She instantly saw the contact name and read no more, "You're not feeding into an argument with this moron, are you?"

Kaycee tugged her phone out of Tahani's hands, "Don't call him a moron. And I'm trying to diffuse the situation but it's not working." She finally met Tahani's gaze, eyes watering slightly.

"Give it to me." Tahani said bluntly, pointing to the phone in her best friend's hands. "I'm not letting you cry over this. Don't give him the time of day. Or night. Whatever."

"Who's crying?" Kylie asked, sauntering into the room where the two teenagers were located.

Kaycee groaned, throwing herself over onto her back, "You always have a way of coming into the room exactly when I don't want you to, you know that?" She said, turning her head to look over to her sister.

"What's the matter, baby?" Kylie asked worriedly, walking over to Kaycee's side of the bed.

"Jack, he's mad that he couldn't come." Tahani replied softly, sitting up so she could meet Kylie's eyes.

Kylie rolled her eyes, looking back down to her sister, "How often do you two fight? This seems like an everyday thing."

The younger sister shook her head lightly, "No, it's fine. He has every right to be mad. He doesn't understand why you guys would rather trust Sean than-"

"Stop talking." Kylie said, waving her hand in front of her sister's face, "I'm gonna tell you something, and you can take it or leave it, but I really think you should at least consider it."

Kaycee nodded slowly, urging Kylie with her eyes to continue. "One, it's obviously not healthy for you guys to fight all the time," Kylie started, holding up her index finger, "and two, there seems to be an underlying theme to these arguments."

Kaycee blinked, not wanting to hear the rest of what Kylie had to say, "It's fine. I'll figure it out."

Kylie stood, eyeing Tahani, and then her sister, "You know I just want you to be happy. But I think there's someone else out there who can make you a lot happier." She stated, walking away, "And I think he's here in Hawaii with you." She mumbled quietly, making sure Kaycee didn't hear her.

Kaycee didn't say anything, she held her phone on her stomach, staring at the ceiling. Tahani crawled over so she was kneeling right next to Kaycee, towering over her.

"I was serious earlier," She said, pulling the phone from her best friends hands, who made no move to try and grab it back, "I'm not letting him screw this vacation up."

"Sometimes I'm afraid that she's right." Kaycee said suddenly, "That Jack isn't the right one for me."

Tahani sighed, placing the phone on the nightstand, "Girl, if he's trying to drive a wedge between you and your best friend," Tahani pointed to the bathroom door, where Sean was showering, "then he's not the one for you."