Prologue

Prologue

  While in the library doing some research for her elective studies on Athletic Training, Amaryllis heard murmurs from around the library. ‘Are they talking about me?’ she thought to herself. She looked at her outfit for the day through circle metallic framed spectacle, which was faded jeans and oversize New England Patriot jersey which was a gift from her grandfather who was a huge Patriot fan. Looking around the library, she noticed no one was looking at hear and she heave a sigh of relief.

  “Feeling self conscious Bellisario?” Said Camilla Mercer who was walking towards where she was sitting in the library.

  “Hi Mila! Was just wandering what the commotion was.” Amaryllis stated. Camilla was the only rich and popular girl that was friendly towards her.

  “The commotion is that those wicked bitches over there are fighting over the jerk Alexander.” Camilla said while pointing her index finger towards Courtney St. James and Kristin Kowalski, two of Springfield State University meanest girls.

  “That’s just crazy Mila why would they do that? And you are evil for calling Alex a jerk. He is your brother!” Amaryllis said while admiring Camilla’s manicured fingers.

  “Alexander is an ass and you of all people should know that! He always gives you a hard time during tuition for being so stupid.” Camilla stated.

  “As a tutor I don’t find him stupid. He is just trying to clear his doubts.” Amaryllis defended.

  “Clearing of doubts is the same as, wait for it… Dumb beyond belief!”

  “Earth to Camilla! He is your brother.”

  “Nicholas is a better brother than he is.”

  “Nicholas?”

  “Alexander’s older brother, my half older brother.”

  “Ahhh…”

  While they were chatting with each other, “Ahem!” Courtney and Kristin both cleared their throat and where standing at the table where both Amaryllis and Camilla were sitting.

  “Amaryllis, can we please talk to you, alone!” Both Courtney and Kristin said in a same sugar coated tone emphasising the word alone and looked at Camilla while saying it.

  With that Camilla stood, “Text me if anything.” Looked at both Courtney and Kristin and walked out of the library.

  “Yes what can I do for you girls?”

  “First you gotta tell us, which of the two of us you like better?” Kristin asked

  “You I guess.” Amaryllis said.

  With that, Kristin shoved Courtney away and said, “Go find other sacrificial lamb!” When Courtney was gone, Kristin sat at the seat next to Amaryllis. “Since now we are friends, I need a favour from you.”

  “Favour? What kind of favour?” Amaryllis asked, curious in Kristin sudden friendship.

  “Well there is this party… And I need you to be there with me…” Kristin said sympathetically.

  “Party! Me! I can’t! I have my research.”

  Kristin rolled her ocean blue eyes and said under her breath, ‘As predicted!’

  “What is that suppose to mean?” Amaryllis asked.

  “Nothing!” Kristin covered. “You know Alex right? I’ve seen you tutor him in the library. And I noticed the way you look at him.”