Settling In

Dedicated to @LaticiaAmor. Thanks for the encouragement bsf, love you lots

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Rosa's P.O.v

               I walked up to the receptionist desk to see a woman, who seemed to be in her middle ages, typing up some report on her computer. "Good morning.", I greeted her, but she didn't even respond let alone look up from her work. Is this how manners are responded to in America? How rude.

             "Identify yourself.", she said in a rather harsh tone. It took me a moment to realize what she was asking of me before I replied. "Rosa. Rosa Rodriguez. I came to collect my schedule. You see, it's my first day an-" "Here." I was cut off by the extremely rude lady in front of me. She extended a piece of paper to me, which I'm assuming is my schedule, before shooing me off with her hand."¡Ugh! Grosero". ("Ugh! Rude.") I said under my breathe as I turned to leave the office. "¿Qué fue eso?" ("What was that?"), she asked irritation evident in her tone. "Oh nothing." This lady must have super hearing to match her super bitchy attitude.

            As I left the office, I saw Xavier sitting down, with his face in his phone; just as he'd promised. I walked over and plopped myself down on the seat beside him, grabbing his attention. "Bueno, no era solo un rayo de sol". ("Well wasn't she just a ray of sunshine.")I said, sarcasm dripping off of my tongue. Chuckling at my response, he said "Yip, that's Crumble for you.", as he took my schedule and started walking down the hall. I sighed loudly at his response as I followed in suit. " That was faster than expected; guess Crawford didn't have much to say huh?" He asked as I stood with confusion clear in my features. "Crawford, who's that?"

               The face he held, mimicked that of my own, "Principal Crawford. Didn't you speak with him in there?". "Nope." I said popping the p {sorry, i just had to. it's not a wattpad book if i don't}; "She gave me my schedule and shooed me out of the office." "Cranky old bat." he muttered under his breath. "So, lets have a look at this schedule of yours.", he said with hints of excitement as he looked over my schedule. "We literally only have three classes together." he said as disappointment slowly took over his features. "Look on the bright side." I said trying to be positive; "At least we have classes together." Sighing in defeat, Xavier said "You're right. And hey, at least our lockers are close to one another. C'mon we're already late for one of the only classes that we have together, and the only teacher that I like in this hell hole." 

            During the walk to our language class, Xavier showed me some of my classrooms that were in the same area; and told me what the he'd heard the teachers were like. We also caught up on the things we missed in one another's life; like how and why he had so many tattoos. Our conversation was abruptly ended when we made it to our class door. Seeing the door, my mind started a worrying frenzy thinking about all the ways that I could embarrass myself. Successfully calming my nerves, Xavier gave me a reassuring smile before turning around and entering the class; with me extremely close behind. As we entered the classroom, all eyes were on us; or should I say Xavier. From the man standing up front, who looked not much older than the students, to the entire female congregation of the classroom who all seemed to wear the same flirtatious grin. 

               "How kind of you to grace us with your presence today Mr. Russo." the teacher said in a joking tone, causing Xavier reply in the same tone, "The pleasure's all mine Mr. Adams." He looked back to me acknowledging my presence and said "I found this young lady; I do believe she belongs to you.", while simultaneously placing me in the front of him. "Alright, I'll take it from here. You may take your seat." Xavier saluted....Mr. Adams I think it was, and headed to his seat at the back of the class; somehow managing to hold everyone's attention the entire time. 

                While the entire class was distracted with murmurs of Xavier and I's entrance, Mr. Adams checked his register for my name and got me situated with the course outline for the semester. He also informed me that due to his goal of an interactive class, i will have to introduce myself. After getting me sorted, Mr. Adams cleared his throat and regained the attention of the students. "Okay guys, listen up. We've got a new student joining us today, and I want you guys to give her the respect she deserves as she introduces herself. That means put a sock in it, especially those of you who have nothing respectful to say. Got it?" He said the last part looking directly to a group of girls in the corner of the room. "Yes. we got it.", the entire class said back.

             Nervous was an understatement for how I felt right now. I scanned the entire class looking at all of their faces, and that's when I locked eyes with Xavier's crystal blue ones. In that moment, a wave of courage overtook me and I began introducing myself to the class. "Hey. My name's Rosa Rodriguez, and my family just moved here. I'm 17 years old as of two months ago; and uhh........ that's pretty much it." "Thank you Ms. Rodriguez for that wonderful little tid bit. If there are no questions from the class, you may take a seat.", Mr. Adams said. We waited a moment to see if anyone had a question before Mr. Adams allowed me to take a seat. As i made my way to the, surprisingly, empty seat beside Xavier, I heard the group of girl snickering and speaking in hushed tones as they stared me down. 

           I looked to my right to see an already staring Xavier, smiling down at me. I leaned back in my seat as Mr. Adams continued his lesson, and muttered to myself, "Va a ser un día largo". ("It's going to be a long day.")

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N 

Okay. Ik you guys are MAJORLY PISSED with me for not updating........and you have every right to be. 

If I'm being honest with you guys, i gave up on this book and writing in general. I was gonna stick to being your regular wattpad user and enjoy the books of others. I thought why continue this book and and make it complete ass, when i can leave what i have and not ruin a fairly decent book. It was a selfish move, and thanks to my best friend  T'Kell  I realized it.  She's writting her very first book and during the process she managed to encourage me to continue mine. therefor she is the one to thank for this update and hopefully the ones to come. I know that i am in no position to ask favors after i basically abandoned you guys, but however coma i would really appreciate it if you guys showed her some love, and feedback on her book. 

It's called "Timing....... For You and Me" and it's linked below

https://www.wattpad.com/story/219695696-timing-for-you-and-me

MY BESTFRIIIIIIEEEEEENNNNNDDDDDDDD XD XD XD