Vibrant Eyes

Young to current Axl

————
1992

The soft, tinkling laughter of the woman filled his ears. He smiled to himself, watching her reddened face heave, begging for breaths. Her beautiful lips were parted and drawn in the form of a wide smile.

He made her laugh. It felt good to know that he was the reason for her laughter.

Although the young man loved the woman's laughter, he loved her eyes more. Her beautiful, sparkly, mirth-filled eyes were his favourite feature.

At first, his intentions with her were not to be pure. He wanted a good lay. He saw her remarkable beauty, and he knew he wanted to fill her with every inch of himself. Desire consumed his being.

However, as the night continued on, he couldn't help but want more than a simple one-night stand. He wanted to spend his life with her.  He wanted to awaken every morning to see this sultry beauty beside him in bed. He wanted to witness her gorgeous eyes flutter open blearily, a soft smile gracing her tender visage.

Instead of telling her this, he offered to take her out later on in the week. She happily agreed, her beautiful eyes smiling joyously.

At the sight of her smiling eyes, his belly and chest filled with small tingles, causing him to shiver in delight.

This woman would be the death of him.

————
1996

His heart broke as he heard the sobs of the woman. He had no intentions of making her cry. Now that her sobs could be heard through the door, he knocked tenderly to make her aware of his presence outside the door.

Her sobs stifled, and she sniffled, mumbling for him to enter. The young man, now sobered up, sat next to her on the floor. He wiped her tears with the pads of his thumbs, and he carefully examined her reddened face. She hid her gorgeous eyes from him.

"I'm so sorry, baby," he whispered, pulling the woman into his chest. Her crying increased, her tears soaking his black t-shirt. He rubbed her back soothingly, quietly singing the lyrics of "Don't Cry".

When the song was finished, she had calmed down. He pressed a tender kiss to her forehead.

"Look into my eyes, baby," he said, moving his hands to her soft cheeks. He examined her sad eyes, scolding himself mentally for dimming the light inside of them.

"I shouldn't have taken my anger out on you, baby. I said a lot of things to you that I shouldn't have said, and I am so sorry, baby. Don't think for one minute that I'm not sorry. I love you so, so much, baby. I never meant to hurt you. You don't have to forgive me, but just know that I'm sorry," he said, observing her eyes for a reaction.

She pressed a kiss to his cheek, showing that she forgave him. The young man smiled softly.

"I'll go clean up my mess. You just relax and take it easy, baby," the man said, rising from the floor. The woman began to smile softly, although her heart was still a bit broken.

The man's anger had spun out of control, and it was directed toward her. The man, in the heat of his fury, said awful things to the poor woman. She knew, deep down, that she would still hurt to recall the memory, but she forgave him.