[Prologue] Petrified

Been holding onto this book for almost 2 years but here we go ( )
••••••••••••••••

"Listen up, Senku!! There's no stopping me! It's gotta be today!! After five long years of having feelings for Yuzuriha... I'm finally gonna confess my love!!" Taiju shouted as he entered the classroom and startled the students inside.

"You're really going to do it Taiju?" you asked.

"You bet Y/n!!"

"Hm.. interesting.... verrry interesting. I'll be cheering for you so hard here in the science lab that my vocal cords'll snap." You could practically hear the sarcasm leaking from Senku's words.

"Oh yeah? Thanks, Senku!" Taijju shouted.

"Silence. I won't cheer even one millimeter for you, big oaf."

"Wait, so which is it?!"

"A fool who takes five whole years to say anything is the epitome of absurdity." You looked away and blushed because you've been doing the same for Senku. You had a slight crush on him since you were kids, but didn't bother to say anything because he was always so focused on science. Slightly squeezing your necklace you took a deep breath and turned back around. You were okay with just helping him achieve his dreams, "Allow me to provide a method so rational it'll kill you. This will send you pheromone production into overdrive. basically, it's a love potion. Your success is ten billion percent assured if you drink this!"

You quickly grabbed the beaker, "No Taiju don't drink that its gasoline! Senku are you trying to kill him?!"

"You're no fun Y/n."

"Thanks, Y/n! Even if it was a real love potion I can't go and cheat my way into her heart!" Taiju then ran outside ready to confess his undying love.

You looked at Senku, "What are we going to do with him?"

"I'm 10 billion percent sure that things'll work on their own. Now help me with this chemical formula over here. Pour that gasoline into this bottle slowly."

"Got it." As you walked to the table a magical banana peel that was created from thin air took ahold of your foot and you slipped and fell like a Looney Tunes character, "Aah!" You dropped the beaker with gasoline and well and it spilled over your head.

"I was 10 billion percent sure that you were going to slip." Senku chuckled.

"Then why didn't you warn me?!"

Outside at the school courtyard Taiju and Yuzuriha stood, "You wanted to talk, right? So what is it Taiju?"

Taiju's face got more and more red as the seconds passed by. Other students were watching out throw the windows and placing bets. "I bet you 100 yen that he'll get totally rejected."

"Five hundred says she'll reject him."

"Put me down for a hundred."

Senku then butted in, "Ten thousand yen says she'll accept him, contrary to expectations."

"Really?!" other students shouted.

You butted in as well, "Twenty thousand yen says that Taiju will even get a small kiss out of it too."

Senku eyed you and smiled mischievously, "Testing your luck huh? Well, I'm ten billion percent sure that I'm correct." He sipped his juice that he got from the vending machine.

"We'll have to just wait and see now." You returned a sly grin towards him but failed to notice and the slight tinge of pink forming on his face.

"Listen to me, Yuzuriha! These past five years, I've..." Yuzuriha was blushing as she listened to Taiju's statement. Then an eerie bright light caught the attention of everyone, "Huh?! What's that light?"

"Senku tell me I'm not going crazy." You took a picture of the light with your phone.

"I see it too."

"Yuzuriha! Hold on to that tree!" Taiju spread his arms out and embraced the light that turned him to stone.

You were reaching out to Senku and turned to stone as well, no one could escape their fate. In a matter of seconds, all of humanity was petrified. What's going on? Everything's gone dark, okay relax Y/n channel your breathing. Wait am I even breathing?

You felt your body become stuff and your mind shutting down You flight the urge to sleep knowing it would be your end if you did. Ideas ran through your head as to how to keep the bit of consciousness you have remaining alive Counting? No, I'm not good with numbers like Senku. I can keep repeating that song by Lilian Wineberg!

Taiju's statue was out in the school courtyard right in front of the tree protecting Yuzuriha. Memories flashed in Taiju's mind of the event early that day.In the morning... The business with that bird statue... Does it have to do with that?  I WON'T EVER LET MY MIND FADE!! Never, no matter how long it takes, I'll tell Yuzuriha!

Humanity remained frozen for thousands of years.