Chapter 59

Arthur dusted himself off, readjusting the cuffs of his shirt as he made his way to the bandaged female – completely unaffected by the tension around them.

"Shall we get down to business?" he asked a smile crawling along his face as a Cheshire grin grew on her known.

"Let's dance"

~~~

And danced a deathly dance they did.

The first few blows were friendly – testing the waters, as they say, but soon those friendly hits would be deadly if they stuck home. Mari dunked under a swipe, before countering; swinging her leg round in an attempt to floor the male – not that it would work. She knew these easy attempts were futile.

Like she predicted, the male avoiding the leg and twisted bring his own leg down in an axe kick. Which she blocked with a forearm. The ground cracking under her feet from the blows, tail whipping out towards the man's eyes – who just leaned out of the limbs reach. Lance watched from the sidelines – far enough away to avoid the ongoing battle, the line of her nen just stopping before him. Though he knew it could easily get bigger, he guessed Mari wanted a smaller area for their battle. He clutched kalluto in his arms watching nervously as the battle continued to get heated.

"What the fuck" whistled phinks as he watched the scene besides the green eye male.

"This is a battle between gods," lance muttered. Earning the attention of ears while the eyes of the troupe watched the dance before them. "They were never allowed to battle in the labs, they were afraid. Arthur is the closest out of all of us to her specific nature."

Mari grinned eyes glowing a bight electric blue as the intense battle progressed, yet neither deemed it necessary to go full out yet. she juggled her options as the pair spar and countered each other's attacks. She couldn't skin change... at the moment there was no need for it, no way she could use it successfully in battle. There was no point in getting her doll house out just yet... no she would leave that till later when the battle intensified even further. She wanted her fun, to push the battle and herself to the limit before bringing out the big gun. That left her game changers...

Arthur narrowed his eyes before jumping back from a swipe to the face. he frowned feel the blood dip down his cheek. There was a scalpel in her hand. "why don't we change the game up?~" she purred, holding the blade up to her tongue as she licked the blood off the metal.

"No matter the change, I shall adapt" he commented his smile neutral, as a scalpel appearing in his hand, mirroring her known.

Lance watched in shock horror at the scene before him. This... this battle was something else. The pair would attack, Mari changing weapons, styles even, every so often but Arthur adapted to them all with only some cuts littering his body. It was like the final boss battle in the movies, the actors doing the impossible to get the audience to sit on the edge of their seats as they watched the two leads battle it out with seemly equal in abilities.

But he didn't know who was going to win...

Lance watched as scalpels, were replaced by daggers, to be replaced by swords of all types. Then hammers, battle axes Ect.. Ect... the list goes on and on. He knew if he was on the other end of the weapons, he wouldn't last seconds against these two people before him were...

"Monsters" phinks whistled besides him watching the battle progress.

The pair parted for a moment, weapons disappearing from sight. A frown formed on her lips, as she took in the sight before her. Arthur standing tall, not at all affected by the little cuts over his body nor the fact his suit was messy. Herself almost mirroring his image, with little cuts that wouldn't go away, no matter how she changed her body...