12. get schwifty

Magsimula sa umpisa

"He's right, I can feel it," Cas told both Rick and the President. "I can't fix it but I can feel it. You've got maybe two hours before there isn't much left of Earth to save."

"Sanchez? Pines? Are either of you musicians?" The President asked as the portal behind the couple closed.

"I dabble, Mr. President," Rick said and shoved his portal gun in his lab coat. Cas rose an eyebrow and looked up at Rick, "When were you planning on telling me this?" Cas asked with a look as Rick shrugged before turning back to the President.

"Get this man, his girlfriend and his grandson on a Black Hawk to Area 51," The President ordered quickly.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me you were a musician," Cas said as the helicopter flew over the Nevada desert. "Rick, are you really a musician?" Morty spoke up, turning to his grandfather. Cas' hair had grown just a few inches since she last cut it short and that left her with wild curls that were beginning to blow in her face as Rick began to respond.

"Who's not a musician. Morty?" Rick asked rhetorically and Cas raised her hand. "Cas, put your hand down," Rick added.

"Me!" Morty exclaimed.

"Yeah, not with that attitude," Rick responded as a man came up to them, gripping the top of the helicopter. He began to explain that they were in the drop zone and that he was the jump master but before he could finish, Cas was already out of the helicopter, ignoring them provided rope to slide down. A blast of green electromagnetic energy below her allowed her to land perfectly and unharmed on her feet as Rick slid down the rope. "Show off," He mumbled.

"Coulda just portaled here, darlin'," Cas grinned in response before following the team that was ushering her inside. It was decided she would stay and watch from the inside as Rick and Morty preformed, Cas claiming she had no musical ability whatsoever and 'didn't want to let it cause the end of the world'. That and her ability to sense the magnetic field of the poles as she mentioned earlier was also a reason her presence was request from inside.

"Alright, Morty. Let's, let's get to it," Rick said as he grabbed the microphone. He pointed Morty towards the keyboard, "Why don't you, uh, find a button on one of those keyboards and lay down some kind of beat?" He said before Morty began to share his worry.

"Rick, I think we need to cut our loses. W-We get our family and portal out of here!" Morty gripped Rick's arm as he spoke.

"Morty, good music comes from people who are relaxed," Rick said in attempt to calm his grandson. "Just hit a button! Give me a beat," Morty stumbled out the beginnings of a response to Rick but listened nonetheless, hitting a random key. Cas' face morphed into equal parts of confusion and awe as he began to dance around wildly, singing about whatever the hell 'Get Schwifty' meant. Morty grabbed a tambourine and began hitting it along to the beat.

"Get "Schwifty"? What the hell is that?" General Nathan asked, looking down at Cas, who shrugged.

"It's our world's best effort. That's what," The President responded.

"'Mr. Bulldops'?"

"Don't analyze it, General. He's a gorgeous genius. Don't question his methods," Cas said with a smile as she watched the screen. A confused look made it's way to General Nathan's face. Cas felt the pit in her stomach alleviate slightly as the song ended and the Cromulon hummed loudly in thought.