Chapter Three: Friends

You and Jotaro were outside, both with cigarettes resting on your bottom lip. Smoking wasn't permitted anywhere near or on the school campus, but considering your close friend Jotaro has been in many fights, even staff were afraid of him. You both talked about random things from time to time, enjoying the peace. You hear foot steps coming from the back, and then heard the familiar, warm voice.

"Hi L/N-San!" Kakyoin says, smiling wide. "You again.." You mumbled, then blowing out a puff of the toxic gas, away from Kakyoin's face, as you could tell he didn't smoke. "What do you want?" You ask. "Oh.. I was just wondering if I could stick around you guys.. I hate to bother.. Sorry." Without asking for Jotaro's permission, you accepted. "..Okay." The pink haired males eyes sparkled. "Really? Thanks!" You threw your cigarette on the ground, stepping on it and twisting your foot slightly. Jotaro narrows his eyes and scans Kakyoin carefully, and looks back at you. "What? Let's go." You say, sighing and adjusting the oversized coat.

You and Jotaro had brought your new 'friend' to your usual spot. It was near the front entrance of the gate, with a small bench on it. You plopped down, sighing. Kakyoin sits next to you, whipping out a sketch book. "What's that?" You question. "Oh, this? This is my sketchbook. The scenery looks pretty here." He says, his voice deep but sweet like honey. You hummed in response. Jotaro looks at you again, with the same face he had when you first introduced Kakyoin to him. You could tell he didn't approve of the new person sitting with you guys, but you just look at him with a "Give him a chance" look. Kakyoin lifts up his sketchbook, to show you and Jotaro. "How is it?" The pink haired male asks. As you observed carefully, you noticed how messy yet, pretty the drawing was. It captured every part of the scenery. But you being you, you said nothing but, "Cool." Jotaro nods in agreement.

"Ahh thanks. I haven't drawn scenery in a while, I was afraid i might be a bit rusty." "Well it seems fine to me." You shrug. You wondered what it was like to have such skilled hands like Kakyoin's. You fix the oversized coat on your shoulders.

"Say.. I've noticed you look a little different compared to the other female students who go here. That large coat... Why do you have it?" Kakyoin asks, innocently. Your eyes darkened.

You had terrible flashbacks. The horrified shrieks of your mother, The loud shouts of your dear father and brother. Being greeted with a pool of dark, crimson blood, bodies covering the floor, and a large, black coat who belonged to your brother was drenched in blood. Your brother who you cherished so dearly was gone. Your parents who treated you so kindly and lovingly was gone. Everything you loved was gone. Police sirens wailed through the dead, cold air. Jotaro, who was only 13 then had taken you to his house to stay until you found a new family. Without Jotaro, you couldn't imagine where you would be. You didn't want to talk about it.

There was silence. "I apologize.. Was that a bad question? Forget I ever said anything.." Kakyoin stutters. He slowly places his large hand on your back, slightly rubbing your back with his thumb. You let out a wearily sigh. Jotaro lowers his hat. "Sorry." You mumble, feeling a bit guilty that you didn't answer the sweet boy's question.

The bell rung, signaling it was time to leave. "We can hang at my place." You suggested. You had recently gotten F-Mega, which was one of the games you had wanted so badly. "Sure!" Kakyoin says, his voice filled with excitement. "Okay." Jotaro says, replying with his usual short answers. You really didn't expect to become this pink haired boys' new friend.