Twenty One

Hongjoong gathered his files and left his house early, quickly reaching the asylum and rushing over to Seonghwa's room after grabbing the pictures.

" Seungmin, good morning!" Hongjoong greeted, Seungmin nodded and smiled,
"You're here early, I just arrived hyung" Seungmin grabbed his keys and unlocked the door, " Seonghwa isn't up yet" Seungmin said as he peeked inside, Hongjoong nodded, " It's ok, I have the whole day, I can wait." Hongjoong grinned and walked into the room.

He saw Seonghwa sleeping softly like a baby, his heart melted into a puddle of love.
" Hi hwa, im here" Hongjoong slid his fingers along Seonghwa's soft hair, digging deeper into his mop and resting his hand onto Seonghwa's scalp eventually, the black hair sliding through his fingers smoothly.

Seonghwa slowly snaked his hand to hold Hongjoong's softly, waking up to see Hongjoong gazing at him lovingly, he smiled and slowly sat up, " Isn't it a little too early?", Hongjoong shook his head, " No, its fine. I came only a bit earlier since I have a lot of work today and I wanted to spend some time. We have a recorded session later during the afternoon, I have something you might want to see. ", Seonghwa pondered on what the object could be but just nodded to show Hongjoong.

" Now lay on my lap and go to sleep ", Hongjoong got up and sat on Seonghwa'sbed then pat on his lap, signal the older to lay his head on it, Seonghwa was u hesitant aboutit and voluntarily laid his head onto Hongjoong's lap, with the hand strumming through his hair again, his eyes closed peacefully and he drifted to a light sleep.

Hongjoong stroked the pale cheek softly, his fingernail gently grazing the soft but dry skin. Seonghwa softly smiled in his rest, his hand catching the smaller's in a assuring hold. " Dont do that... Pet my head instead, I don't wanna kiss you so early when I'm trying to sleep..." Seonghwa murmered, Hongjoong bursted into a soft giggle and nuzzled his face into Seonghwa's neck, earning a soft stifled laughter erupt, he tickled the older like that for a while before sparing him.

" No... More... "Seonghwa panted, a big grin on his face. Hongjoong put his hands in-between his legs and calmer his breath, his eyes refusing to leave the older," Ok, I'll stop. But Seonghwa, since you're awake... Come here for a bit. "Hongjoong signaled, Seonghwa curiously moved towards the shorter male, seeing as his hands were fumbling around in his pockets.

Hongjoong pulled out an envelope, opening it and pulling out a thin stack of photos, Seonghwa moved closer and his eyes shot wide open, freezing in the spot as he stared at something so foreign yet too familiar to disregard as something he didn't want to see.

"Hwa, do you know what these are?" Hongjoong asked, Seonghwa cautiously moved his trembling hands to the edge of the photo, gripping it and pulling it out of Hongjoong's hand, the soft and fading colours of the picture built a cloudy memory just like the one in his mind.

" That's.. Mommy...and... I don't remember.." Seonghwa winced and dropped the picture, falling backwards with a rigged breath. Hongjoong quickly put the pictures onto he sheets and held Seonghwa cautiously, worried that he got triggered by any trauma, " Seonghwa? Are you OK? I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that, I'm sorry." Hongjoong held the older's hands and massaged it softly with the look of worry buried deep in his eyes, Seonghwa squeezed his shut on the other hand, his skin dripping in cold sweat and sensitive to touch.

Seonghwa finally calmed down and struggled himself into a hug, Hongjoong didn't mind, if it was his body warmth keeping the male calm, it was alright to him.
" Are you feeling better now..?" Hongjoong's softly asked, Seonghwa nodded and hummed a yes in the crook of the younger's neck, Hongjoong slowly pat Seonghwa's trembling back and leaned his cheek onto the male's mop of hair, Seonghwa let out a breath which tickled him but Hongjoong held it.

After a while, they separated and Seonghwa gave Hong joong a soft peck on the lips,
" I'm all good now. But, I wanna see those pictures again.", Hong joong felt unsure about fulfilling the request, worried that seonghwa would burst into his panic attack again, " I know what you're thinking, I'll be fine. Just let me see them." Seonghwa smiled softly, Hong joong nodded and gave the pictures, sliding then into seonghwa's palm.

The older male held his breath as he breezed through the photos, recognising everyone faintly, his mom... Dad.. Him.. And even his cat...

Seonghwa would've broken down in tears but they just wouldn't come out, all he could do was sulk deep inside of himself, regret bubbling up in his mind and the feeling of missing the warm hugs and kisses of his family.

He wondered to himself where did everything go wrong, what happened that made his dad the man he was, he didn't understand what could make him change so drastically, maybe having his family wasn't enough of a reason for him to sacrifice some thing in life. Seonghwa blamed himself for being a weak kid, he could never bring himself to hurt anyone and was scared of most things, those tears that he should be shedding now, all spent on the useless things in his past, if only he knew what would happen in the future, he would've saved some of those tears.

" I loved my family.... Maybe... It was just my dad who didnt." Seonghwa smiled, turning to Hongjoong who kissed his forehead,
" It was that for sure, your mom never wanted to leave you, she left you because she had no choice since she had no way to take care of you with all the problems she had, so when she left you, she died the day after. That night she went back to she could end your father, and got herself killed too, she didn't want anyone to look for you. "Hongjoong looked at seonghwa with soft eyes, seonghwa but back his lip and nodded," I knew about it for a while now... Chan helped me get some news from the outside, Jisung passed it over to me so I
Knew for about a week. " Seonghwa bit on his lip and hugged Hongjoong, the younger didn't resist and hugged him tighter.

" Maybe, you won't have to be here longer than needed. "

Rules Dont Apply To Me (Seongjoong, Yeojong) On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara