Why am I reacting this way? She thought to herself, feeling annoyed with herself. But then again, she was always coy. And being alone with the opposite gender, and that too her captor, was even more unnerving for her.

"N-no-nothing." She manages to whisper, making the mistake of letting her shaking hand bring the brim of the tea cup to her lips and it was a sure giveaway. Zameer noticed immediately.

"I hope you're not thinking of trying to escape?" He said, his tone even yet hard as his gaze remained on Sadia.

Sadia's head snapped up. He saw anger flash in her features but she remained composed. "What else should I be thinking? That how nice it is......to have tea with my captor." She muttered, her tone giving way to her frustration.

Zameer smirked. He liked that she had spirit. But he didn't want that because it was of no benefit to him. "Why don't we try to get along. Then things will work out." He offered, his demeanour appearing to be friendly.

"For me or for you?" Sadia snapped almost immediately. It was becoming apparent that she wasn't liking this conversation. But for Sadia, she was plain uncomfortable in Zameer's company.

"For the both of us." Zameer replied, trying to be nonchalant. "We may be enemies. But even enemies can show respect to one another."

Sadia felt rage boil her blood. Without any thought, she threw the cup and saucer on the table and she was on her feet within a fraction of a second. Her body was shaking. She had never reacted this way before.

"Respect?!" She spat the word as if it burned her tongue, her eyes shooting firing daggers at Zameer, who on the other hand, shocked at her reaction. For a coy and docile little girl, she proved to be a spitfire when the need arose. The way that she stood on top of her, her blue brown eyes burning with anger, Zameer couldn't help but feel hot all over. But he kept his cool intact.

"Respect? What can there be anything about you that I should respect?" Sadia greeted through clenched teeth. Zameer's gaze dealt through her.

"I'm not taking about myself as an individual. I'm talking about me as your ward. The least you can do to thank me for providing you with protection is to corporate. That alone in itself will show respect." His calmness caused Sadia's anger to flare up.

"Isn't that what I'm doing? Corporating?"

"Yes you are." Zameer agreed and also got to his feet, his height overbearing her petite frame. But the distance between them was enough to keep them both in their spheres. "But at the same time, I don't underestimate you. That's why I'm giving you fair warning. Don't try to make any attempts at escaping." He said and left.

***********

Sadia didn't take his warning seriously at all because all her focus was now on escaping.

For the first day, she only observed the routine of the guards and the general environment of the mansion. The guards mostly kept out or in the west wing where Shehryaar and Anissa were staying. And she was allowed to roam freely outside of her room. But she made use of this opportunity at night time.

After midnight on her second day, when Sadia was sure that everyone was asleep, Sadia went out of her room. She tried her best to be as quiet as possible but her leg was preventing her from making haste movements.

Just look around and draw a map. That's all. Be quick. She told herself. Her plan was to only take a look so that she may make her plans. Making an escape route required good observation and mapping and that was exactly what she was going to do. And she wasn't going to take long either. Her dupatta was lightly draped on top of her head and before anyone could see her, she needed to be back in her room.