Chapter 17

Sadia was left stunned.

For a good whole moment, her mind went completely blank. Her eyes were wide but she couldn't see anything.

She could only feel. A soft pressure on her lips.And then that pressure was moving. It was warm.

Wh-what's......going on? She thought in utter confusion.

She couldn't move. Something was restraining her.

She didn't know how long it took. Maybe it was hours. However, she came out of her trance when she felt the hold around her body loosen and that's when she realised what was happening and her vision allowed her to see.

Zameer was kissing her. Zameer's lips were pressed against hers.

Her heart that was already pacing started to hammer against her rib cage, making her feel breathless. And it filled Sadia with disgust.

Zameer could feel her rigid body begin to move. His eyes opened and he saw her wide blue brown eyes stare at him in shock. Again, the uniqueness of her eyes caught him off guard and that was enough to give Sadia an opening. With all her might, she pushed at his chest and Zameer automatically complied, releasing her and the next thing he knew, Sadia's palm flew and hit him sharply on his cheek.

"H-h-how d-da-dare y-oh," before she could complete her sentence, a sudden wave of dizziness hit her hard, making her wobble on her legs.

Zameer was stunned. He knew that he acted out of line, but being hit by the same woman for the second time in his life had certainly left him shocked. But thankfully, it didn't last long for he was quick to react when he saw Sadia lose her footing and before she could fall, his arms came forward and quickly embraced her thin frame, cradling her frail body against his strong one.

"Dr. Sadia?" Zameer whispered.

She was panting hard and she looked so pale with the sweat beading down from her forehead. Her cheeks were flushed. Zameer carefully patted her cheeks and that's when he felt her heated skin.

"Shit!" He hissed under his breath and quickly scooped up Sadia's limp body. With quick strides, he took her to the infirmary. Sadia was unconscious. Zameer had no idea what had happened.

Dr. Suhaib was called in within minutes. And when he checked Sadia, Zameer was informed that Sadia's wounds were severely infected and she needed to be put under an aggressive treatment in the hospital.

"Sir, her condition is delicate. She needs proper treatment." Dr. Suhaib implored, his eyes plainly displaying his plea to save the young Lady's life. And Zameer knew that the situation was way too serious to be ignored.

"Alright." Zameer made a hasty decision and Dr. Suhaib was quick to wheel the bed out of the infirmary. Zameer watched as Sadia was taken away..

Zameer didn't know what else to do.

But why did he do that in the first place? He was suppose to kill her wasn't her? But he didn't.

He couldn't bring himself to. Why?

Zameer kept wondering. He was so confused.

The only thought that crossed his mind was when he saw her eyes: those unique blue brown eyes.

And the thought that crossed his mind: I want her.

He wanted her? He wanted that little girl?

No, that wasn't right.

She was his target. He was suppose to get rid of her.

But he couldn't.