Chapter 9

Sadia couldn't believe what she just heard. And she couldn't believe what she was seeing either.

She was just abducted and now she was about to be used as collateral? What ever for? She had no idea. This situation was completely mind boggling for her.

Abruptly, she felt lightheaded.

"I won't be giving you any details. It would be better if you are unaware but for your information, all you need to know is that if you corporate with me and do exactly as I say then, you have my word, no harm will come to you."

Sadia looked at Zameer in utter shock. And with the dizziness, her vision began to blur and Zameer's face became mixed with the dark background. And a sudden wave of pain hit her head on at the sides. Her blood rushed and she could literally hear it ringing in her ears.

Sadia's hands were beginning to shake and sweat. She could feel her headache increase as well as the dizziness. Her mouth went dry and she had a sudden urge to drink a lot of water. Sadia knew what was happening; she was going into hyperglycaemic shock.

"I need you to-" Zameer stopped talking when he noticed Sadia fall back to the wall, clutching her forehead as she slumped down against the wall. He immediately went to her side and squatted down next to her.

"What's wrong?" He asked, his voice sounding genuinely concerned.

"M-my bl-blood su-sugar leve-l is to-too h-high," she murmured brokenly.

Zameer understood and took action immediately. He fished out a small kit from his coat pocket. Gently, he took Sadia's arm and rolled up her sleeve. Zameer noticed her skin was so soft and pale. Even in the dimly lit room, he could make out the shape and length of her delicate veins. It was almost a sight to behold. But Sadia's shaking and cold skin alerted him to pay attention and that's exactly what he did.

Opening the kit, he took out a swab and gently padded at the side of her upper arm. He went back to the kit and took out a vile and a syringe. He broke the vile and filled its content into the syringe. Quickly, he pricked the needle into Sadia's arm, who didn't so much as flinch. Disposing the syringe, Zameer stabled Sadia by her shoulders and made her sit upright. Her eyes were closed, her face twisting in pain as her scarf clung to the sweaty sides of her face.

Yes, Zameer knew about her condition. That's why he was prepared. But he found that his heart was racing in his chest. Why? For a moment, he was worried for her wellbeing. Why?

"Rest up for now. You'll be fine in a few minutes." He said in monotone, involuntarily, his thumb began to circle on her arm, creating a soothing effect.

Sadia could feel the insulin working as her heart rate went down and the dizziness began to subside.

Zameer observed her for a few minutes. She was calm now, still a little pale but compared to a few minutes ago, she looked much better. Sadia breathed in deeply and looked at Zameer. She licked her dried lips and Zameer was quick to note it but didn't pay much attention to it.

"Y-you-"

"Yes, I know." Zameer answered when he saw the questioning look in her gaze. "I'm aware of your condition." He claimed and placed the kit by her side. "This accounts for a few days: three to four tops." He informed.

"Wh-at d-o you wa-want from m-e?" Sadia stammered, tears brimming in her eyes.

Zameer sighed lowly and got back to his feet, towering over the young Doctor as he dipped his hands in his pockets.

"You'll find out soon enough." With that said, Zameer turned and left.

Sadia slumped to the floor, her back resting against the wall. Her right eye was beginning to irritate her and that's when she realised it was most probably the contact. Normally, she wouldve panicked since she was unconscious with the contact still on and that's dangerous but right now, she couldn't afford to get sidetracked.