Cry Baby

Melody had a million different thoughts running through her head. The three of them in the lab all just looked at each other. Thor and Melody would look at Bruce as Bruce looked at them, and then Melody and Bruce would look at Thor, and finally Thor and Bruce would look at Melody.

No one really knew what to do or say and the cycle of just sitting there and staring at each other went on for about 10 minutes. When Thor and Banner's eyes were set on her again, Melody excused herself.

She slid off the table and walked out of the lab. She knew what Thor and Banner were waiting for. They were waiting for her to scream or yell or repeatedly mumble 'no' or cry.

But that was the thing, Melody didn't cry in front of people, not if she could help it. She didn't like looking like a cry baby in front of her team. Steve, Tony, Fury, Phil, and Maria had seen her break down once and she wasn't going to allow it to happen again.

She tightened her grip on her clutch as she continued through the party, bumping into a few guests as she passed.

She quickly found the elevator and climbed in. She wanted a drink and a quiet place to sit and there was only one floor she knew of that had a whole bar built into it that was completely unoccupied at that very moment, Tony's floor.

She hit the button and stood in silence, waiting for the doors to open back up. She wasn't sure how to feel. She wanted to scream, to throw something, to cry, but most importantly she wanted to be at home. She wanted to be at home, in bed, in Bucky's arms. She just wanted to cry and she wanted Bucky hold her while she did. She craved the comfort that Bucky provided her with.

As soon as the elevator doors opened, Melody stepped out, walking towards the glass door that separated Tony's floor from the elevator.

She put her hand on the scanner and gave the nickname that Tony had input into the security system that guarded his room, "Moonbeam."

She gave a small smile when they system beeped and the door slid open. "Welcome, smallest Avenger." The computer greeted as she walked in, taking her shoes off before walking across the expensive carpet and over to the bar and grabbing a bottle of something strong.

After helping herself to the bar and then taking a seat on the couch in the living room area of Tony's floor, Melody opened her small purse and pulled out her phone. She went through her contacts before finding the one that read 'HOME'.

The home phone rang twice before it was picked up. Being met with silence, Melody spoke first.

"Hello? It's just me." Melody said quietly as she spoke into the phone.

"Why do you sound sad? Aren't you at a party with your friends? What's wrong?" Bucky questioned, his brain going at a mile a minute, debating on taking Melody's motorcycle and driving up there, kicking the ass of whoever made her sad.

"I'm not sad, just a little overwhelmed. I'm currently hiding out in Tony's level because it's the only level the others can't get into." She cringed at the explanation.

"Why are you avoiding the others?"

"I talked to Bruce. Apparently he found out who my dad is. The god I told you about. The one who tried to take over New York a few years ago, Loki, is my dad. Also, being in the same room as Steve makes me feel guilty. I just want to go home." Melody explained further.

"Then come home, doll. I'll be here waiting, whether it be tonight or tomorrow. But if you don't feel comfortable and really want to leave, leave." Bucky encouraged.

Melody giggled. As badly as she wanted to leave, she knew some of her teammates would be pissed.

"Natasha, Clint, and Tony would kick my ass if I left. I actually haven't bumped into any of them, I've only seen Steve, Thor, and Bruce. But, I don't particularly plan to leave the couch on Tony's level any time soon." She laughed, followed by a sigh.

Deep down, Bucky knew there was more bothering her. And his suspicions were proved correct when he heard a sob escape her lips.

"Hey, it's alright. You'll be okay." He tried to comfort, though it only made her cry harder.

"No, it's not alright. Nothing is alright. My dad is an alien god who also happens to be a frost giant. I'm not even completely human. I'm... I'm a freak!" She cried before opening her eyes and looking around the room.

The glass panels near the elevator and almost all of the windows had frosted over and her eyes widened. This was new and something she didn't even know she could do, it had never happened before.

Melody sobbed and sobbed and sobbed and it broke Bucky's heart. But because she was three hours away there was nothing he could do from home. But, she continued to sob.

"Come home. Come home or I'm coming up there to come get you, Melody." Bucky instructed and threatened softly.

"You can't! Then Steve would know and he would..-" She was cut off before she could even continue her argument.

"I don't care, doll. You're more important to me than Steve finding out where I am. He can yell and scream and throw a fit if he wants to. You're obviously not okay. You need to come home."

"Okay. I'll go upstairs and spend a little time with the others before leaving. I'll come home tonight. I'll call you again when I leave." Melody agreed.

She knew for a fact that she wasn't okay, that Bucky was entirely correct. Part of her doubted she would ever be okay. Finding out that the father she never knew existed was the alien god who tried to take over New York, that he was the man she and her team had to fight, that was part frost giant, was definitely a lot to handle and she definitely needed to go home and recuperate from all the new discovery of being part frost giant.

A large part of her wished Bruce would've came to her house to tell her, that he didn't tell her on a day meant for celebration, that she could've found out from the comfort of home. Hell, she didn't even care if she was in her house when she found out. She just wished she had found out while being around Bucky. Bucky had become her home and she didn't even realize it.

"Alright, I love you. See you when you get home." Bucky said, making Melody smile and warmth spread throughout her body.

He had only told her that he loved her twice before. It wasn't something he made a habit of doing but he knew she needed to hear it, and by Odin, she was glad he said it.

"I love you too. See you in a little bit." She replied before hanging up.