New York Detour//The Winter Soldier

The mission, ultimately, didn't take long to complete and Melody felt slightly useless because all she did was shoot and tase some people and had no idea why she had even been brought in when what Fury had assigned her to do during the mission seemed overly simple, but everything just seemed sketchy.

One of the biggest reasons Fury allowed her to become an agent at such a young age was because she had amazing instincts and was able to read people easily with just a glance. Her ability to read people almost had Fury believing she could read minds, even though she wasn't enhanced in anyway, to her knowledge anyways. That just happened to be a plus side to a bachelors degree in sociology and a masters degree in psychology.

As they were escorting hostages to life pods, Melody could've sworn that she saw Rumlow lean towards Sitwell and say something that looked like "Hail HYDRA." Melody was over observant, just like Clint and her eyes caught even the smallest movements.

Now that they were back at the Triskelion, all she wanted to do was report back to Fury. She had a sense of dread filling her stomach as she followed Steve up to Fury's office, knowing she couldn't tell Fury about what she saw in front of her uncle. Steve would flip out even more and that was the last thing she wanted. She stood off to the side as Steve yelled at Fury about not telling him Natasha had a different mission, but little did he know that Melody had a different mission as well.

"Those hostages could've died, Nick!" Steve raises his voice.

"I sent the greatest soldier in history to make sure that didn't happen." Fury argues as Melody sighs from off to the side.

"Soldiers trust each other, that's what makes it an army. Not a bunch of guys just running around and shooting guns." Steve argues in response.

"Last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye. I didn't want you to do anything you weren't comfortable with and Romanoff is comfortable with everything." Fury's tells him.

Melody rolls her eyes and leans against the wall, crossing her arms over her chest. The whole argument they're having at the moment is pointless. Steve was a soldier and Nick is a spy and they'll never see eye to eye on the situation.

Melody's watch Tony made for her beeps and she looks down to see what it is. She smiles to herself when she sees it's just him checking up on her and immediately looks back up to the men in the room who are now staring at her.

"Well, that was an amusing argument, but I'll be on my way out now. Nick, call me later. I have something I need to talk to you about and it's important." Melody says, making her way out of the room.

As the door slides shut behind her, she sprints down to the locker room to change and grab her stuff to leave the Triskelion.

She makes her way to the garage with her bag and smiles at the sight of her motorcycle, her black helmet sitting on the seat, looking as inviting as always.

She set the bag down on the small rack on the back of her bike and dig out her bluetooth earbuds and connects them to her phone before putting them in, putting her bag back on her back and getting on her bike.

As she starts it, Tony picks up.

"Hello, my little cherry blossom, how are you?" Tony answers.